The Maritime Academy of Asia and the Pacific (MAAP) is one of the best maritime schools in the Philippines today. It offers quality maritime education and training to its cadets making them one of the best seafarers in the world.
MAAP is a non-stock, non-profit maritime institution owned, developed, and operated by the Associated Marine Officers’ and Seamen’s Union of the Philippines (AMOSUP). Located in Kamaya Point, Alas-Asin, Mariveles, Bataan, MAAP offers Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation and Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering courses.
If you are planning to become a seafarer in the future, you can avail MAAP’s scholarship grant and become a part of the MAAP Class of 2025. Interested? Please read on.
MAAP Admission Requirements
To become a midshipman in the Academy, an applicant must pass or meet the following standards:
- He or she must pass the MAAP Entrance Examination inclusive of the IQ, aptitude, emotional, intelligence, personality, psychological, and neuro-psychiatric tests.
- Must pass the personal interview to be conducted by the Board of Admission members.
- Must pass a series of physical, dental, and medical examinations including audio and color blindness tests. The visual acuity for far vision should be at least 20/30.
- The applicant must finish a two-month-long (June-July) orientation training inclusive of refresher classes in Math and English coupled with semi-regimental training.
To become eligible for the MAAP Entrance Examination, an applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- He or she must be single;
- Must be a natural-born Filipino citizen;
- Physically and mentally fit for rigorous training;
- With good moral character and not have been convicted by final judgment of any offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
- Must be born from 01-January-1998 to 31-December-2003;
- Eligible applicants must be any one of the following;
- High School Graduates(old basic education curriculum)
- College Level
- Senior High School Graduate/Graduating Student
- ALS Passer
- Minimum height of 5 ft. 4 in. (162.5 cm) for MALE and 5 ft. 2 in. (157.5 cm) for FEMALE applicants;
- Has a GPA of at least 83%
- Has never been officially admitted at MAAP
Failure to comply with these qualification requirements means disqualification from taking the entrance examination.
Entrance Exam Application Requirements
Here are the documentary requirements you must submit:
- 2 copies of recent 2 x 2 colored pictures;
- Payment of non-refundable processing fee of P 300.00;
- Photocopy of PSA birth certificate;
- Copy of Old BEC High School or Senior High School Diploma, if Senior High School / High School (Old BEC) graduate;
- Copy of School Registration Form, if College Level;
- Copy of certification to prove that you are currently enrolled for Grade 12, if Senior High School Student;
- Copy of ALS Certificate of Rating, if ALS Passer;
- Copy of valid School ID;
- Copy of the latest School Report Card with a GPA of at least 83%A photocopy of valid School ID;
- A copy of the latest School Report Card with at least 83% GPA.
Failure to submit these documentary requirements may be a ground for disqualification.
How to Apply
MAAP is now accepting applications for MAAP CLASS of 2025. To apply for the examination, follow the instructions below.
- Access the online application through this link: “Online MAAP Midshipman Application Form”. Please remember or write down the email address that you used during the registration as this will be needed during the examination.
- Upload your picture, application requirements, and copy of the deposit slip/proof of payment for the processing fee.
- You will receive a notification of the application status and your MAAP eTestPermit through the email that you provided. Please note that your MAAP eTestPermit will be issued to you within 1 to 3 working days for verification purposes.
- Click the link provided on your email using your MAAP eTestPermit Number and Birthdate. Then register the required details.
- Present the MAAP eTestPermit and Confirmation Receipt on your designated testing venue during your day of examination. Please note that MAAP will NOT entertain any applicant whose name is not included on the scheduled date of examination.
- Wear a face mask and face shield inside the premises at all times.
- Submit yourself for temperature scanning. The maximum allowed body temperature shall be 37.5 degrees Celsius.
- Answer the MAAP health declaration form.
- Observe physical distancing of 1 meter and above at all times. You must undergo health and safety protocols prior to entering the premises:
- We advise all applicants to bring their own alcohol/hand sanitizers.
- Affix your signature on the Attendance Sheet.
REMINDER: Parents/guardians are NOT allowed inside the testing venue/premises, and are also prohibited to stay outside the premises to avoid congestion or any form of gatherings. The parents/guardians are only allowed to drop-off or pick-up their sons/daughters at the venue.
MAAP Entrance Exam Date and Venues
NOTE: Other succeeding dates of the Entrance Examination will be further announced, please check this post or the official MAAP website from time to time. Walk-in applicants are strictly NOT allowed.
|25 JAN 2021||0730H||MAAP, Mariveles, Bataan||150 Applicants|
|25 JAN 2021||1300H||MAAP, Mariveles, Bataan||150 Applicants|
|26 JAN 2021||0730H||MAAP, Mariveles, Bataan||150 Applicants|
|26 JAN 2021||1300H||MAAP, Mariveles, Bataan||150 Applicants|
|27 JAN 2021||0730H||MAAP, Mariveles, Bataan||150 Applicants|
|27 JAN 2021||1300H||MAAP, Mariveles, Bataan||150 Applicants|
|28 JAN 2021||0730H||MAAP, Mariveles, Bataan||150 Applicants|
|28 JAN 2021||1300H||MAAP, Mariveles, Bataan||150 Applicants|
|29 JAN 2021||0730H||MAAP, Mariveles, Bataan||150 Applicants|
|29 JAN 2021||1300H||MAAP, Mariveles, Bataan||150 Applicants|
|30 JAN 2021||0730H||Manila High School, Intramuros, Manila||150 Applicants|
|30 JAN 2021||1300H||Manila High School, Intramuros, Manila||150 Applicants|
|31 JAN 2021||0730H||Manila High School, Intramuros, Manila||150 Applicants|
|31 JAN 2021||1300H||Manila High School, Intramuros, Manila||150 Applicants|
Benefits of Being a Cadet in MAAP
Aside from the quality maritime education, modern equipment, and world-class training facilities, MAAP offers free board and lodging to its cadets. Cadets are honed in their personality, character, and leadership development through physical fitness, emotional literacy, NROTC, and varied extracurricular activities. They are also insured while enrolled in the Academy and assured of gainful employment onboard modern vessels of foreign shipping companies.
For more information, contact:
Maritime Academy of Asia and the Pacific
Kamaya Pt., Brgy. Alas-asin, Mariveles, Bataan
Phone: (02) 784-9100, Bataan Line: (047) 237-3355
Fax No.: (02) 741-1006/ (02) 741-1024
AMOSUP Annex Building
Cabildo Corner Sta. Potenciana Street Intramuros, Manila
Phone: (02) 527-2110