The Maritime Academy of Asia and the Pacific (MAAP) is one of the best maritime school in the Philippines today. It offers quality maritime education and training to its cadets making them one of the best seafarers in the world.
MAAP is a non-stock, non-profit maritime institution owned, developed and operated by the Associated Marine Officers’ and Seamen’s Union of the Philippines (AMOSUP). Located in Kamaya Point, Alas-Asin, Mariveles, Bataan, MAAP offers Bachelor of Science in Marine Transportation and Bachelor of Science in Marine Engineering courses.
If you are planning to become a seafarer in the future, you can avail MAAP’s scholarship grant and become a part of the MAAP Class of 2024. Interested? Please read on.
MAAP Admission Requirements
To become a midshipman in the Academy, an applicant must pass or meet the following standards:
- He or she must pass the MAAP Entrance Examination inclusive of the IQ, aptitude, emotional, intelligence, personality, psychological and neuro-psychiatric tests.
- Must pass the personal interview to be conducted by the Board of Admission members.
- Must pass a series of physical, dental, and medical examinations including audio and color blindness tests. The visual acuity for far vision should be at least 20/30.
- The applicant must finish a two-month long orientation training inclusive of refresher classes in Math and English coupled with semi-regimental training.
To become eligible for the MAAP Entrance Examination, an applicant must possess the following qualifications:
- He or she must be single;
- Must be a natural born Filipino citizen;
- Physically and mentally fit for rigorous training;
- With good moral character and not have been convicted by final judgment of any offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
- Must be born from 01-January-1997 to 31-December-2002;
- Eligible applicants must be any one of the following;
- High School Graduates(old basic education curriculum)
- College Level
- Senior High School Graduate/Graduating Student
- ALS Passer
- Minimum height of 5 ft. 4 in. (162.5 cm) for MALE and 5 ft. 2 in. (157.5 cm) for FEMALE applicants;
- Has a GPA of at least 83%
- Has never been officially admitted at MAAP
Failure to comply with these qualification requirements means disqualification from taking the entrance examination.
Entrance Exam Application Requirements
Here are the documentary requirements you must submit:
- 2 copies of recent 2 x 2 colored pictures;
- Payment of non-refundable processing fee of P 300.00 in cash;
- Photocopy of PSA birth certificate;
- Photocopy of any one of the following;
- High School or Senior High School Diploma
- School Registration Form, if College Level
- ALS Certificate of Rating, if ALS Passer
- ALS Passer
- A photocopy of valid School ID;
- A copy of the latest School Report Card with at least 83% GPA.
Failure to submit these documentary requirements may be a ground for disqualification.
How to Apply
MAAP will start to accept applications for AY 2020-2021 on June 2019. To apply for the examination, follow the instructions below.
- Download the MAAP Scholarship Application Form here or get it from any of the testing/filing centers, Naval ROTC units, or PCG stations nationwide.
- Fill-up the application form and submit it to the designated filing centers either by mail or in person with the above-mentioned documentary requirements.
- You will receive an admission slip through the mail or in person.
- Registration time for entrance examination starts at 0630H and ends at 0930H.
MAAP Entrance Exam Schedule and Venues
|CODE||VENUE||TESTING AREA||EXAM DATE|
|001||Mariveles, Bataan||Maritime Academy of Asia &the Pacific||03 August 2019|
|002||Olongapo City||New Asinan Elementary School||04 August 2019|
|003||Lucena City, Quezon||Quezon National High School||10 August 2019|
|004||Batangas City||Batangas City National High School||11 August 2019|
|006||Legazpi City, Albay||Bicol University||17 August 2019|
|015||Malolos, Bulacan||M.H. Del Pilar High School||17 August 2019|
|008||Naga City, Camarines Sur||University of Nueva Caceres||18 August 2019|
|009||Dagupan City, Pangasinan||Dagupan City National High School||24 August 2019|
|040||Alcala, Pangasinan||Arboleda National High School||24 August 2019|
|010||Baguio City, Benguet||Baguio City National High School||25 August 2019|
|005||Cabanatuan City, Nueva Ecija||Nueva Ecija University of Science & Technology||25 August 2019|
|011||San Fernando, La Union||Naval Forces North, Poro Point||31 August 2019|
|012||Claveria, Cagayan||Claveria School of Arts & Trade||31 August 2019|
|019||Puerto Princesa City, Palawan||Holy Trinity College||31 August 2019|
|013||Vigan City, Ilocos Sur||University of Northern Philippines||1 September 2019|
|014||Tabaco City, Albay||Tabaco National High School||7 September 2019|
|044||Guinobatan, Albay||Marcial O Raniola Memorial School(MORMS)||7 September 2019|
|021||Intramuros, Manila||Manila High School||7 September 2019|
|016||Masbate City, Masbate||Masbate National Comprehensive High School||8 September 2019|
|CODE||VENUE||TESTING AREA||DATE OF EXAM|
|007||Cabuyao, Laguna||Cabuyao Integrated National High School||8 September 2019|
|017||Dasmarinas, Cavite||Bulihan National High School||8 September 2019|
Tuguegarao City, Cagayan
|Cagayan National High School||14 September 2019|
|020||Bayombong, Nueva Vizcaya||Nueva Vizcaya General Comprehensive High School||15 September 2019|
|023||Taytay, Rizal||Juan Sumulong Memorial Junior College||21 September 2019|
|022||Nasugbu, Batangas||Batangas State University (Nasugbu Branch)||22 September 2019|
|024||Davao City||Davao City National High School||29 September 2019|
|025||Pasig City||Rizal High School Main Campus||05 October 2019|
|026||Calbayog City, Samar||Calbayog City National High School||05 October 2019|
|041||Iligan City||Iligan City National School of Fisheries||05 October 2019|
|027||Tacloban City, Leyte||Leyte National High School||06 October 2019|
|028||Cavite City||Sangley National High School||06 October 2019|
|042||Cagayan De Oro City||Misamis Oriental General Comprehensive High School||06 October 2019|
|029||Silay City, Negros Occ.||Doña Monsera Lopez Memorial High School||12 October 2019|
|032||Bacolod City, Negros Occ.||Negros Occidental High School||13 October 2019|
|036||Zamboanga City||Zamboanga City National High School (West Campus)||19 October 2019|
|031||Sibalom, Antique||Antique University||19 October 2019|
|035||Cebu City||Abellana National High School||19 October 2019|
|034||Tagbilaran City, Bohol||Holy Name University||20 October 2019|
|CODE||VENUE||TESTING AREA||DATE OF EXAM|
|033||Iloilo City||Iloilo National High School||20 October 2019|
|038||España, Manila||Ramon Magsaysay High School||20 October 2019|
|030||Malay, Aklan||Malay National High School||26 October 2019|
|001||Mariveles, Bataan||Maritime Academy of Asia & the Pacific||26 October 2019|
|039||Dingalan, Aurora||Dingalan Central School||26 October 2019|
|037||Sara, Iloilo||Northern Iloilo Polytechnic State College (Sara Campus)||27 October 2019|
|045||Tarlac City||Tarlac City National High School||27 October 2019|
Benefits of Being a Cadet in MAAP
Aside from the quality maritime education, modern equipment and world-class training facilities, MAAP offers free board and lodging to its cadets. Cadets are honed in their personality, character and leadership development through physical fitness, emotional literacy, NROTC and varied extracurricular activities. They are also insured while enrolled in the Academy and assured of gainful employment onboard modern vessels of foreign shipping companies.
For more information, contact:
Maritime Academy of Asia and the Pacific
Kamaya Pt., Brgy. Alas-asin, Mariveles, Bataan
Phone: (02) 784-9100, Bataan Line: (047) 237-3355
Fax No.: (02) 741-1006/ (02) 741-1024
Email-Add: [email protected]
AMOSUP Annex Building
Cabildo Corner Sta. Potenciana Street Intramuros, Manila
Phone: (02) 527-2110