The Universidad de Manila (UdM) or formerly known as the City College of Manila is a public, city government-funded, local university in Manila, Philippines. Its Main Campus is located at One Mehan Gardens, City of Manila. It was established in 1995 pursuant to Ordinance No. 7885 enacted by the City Council of Manila. Since then, the university pioneered in free tertiary education for the underprivileged but deserving youth who did not have the financial capabilities to obtain a college education. In 2006, the UDM was elevated to University status with the passage by the City Council of Ordinance No.8120 during the administration of Mayor Jose L. Atienza Jr.
UDM Entrance Exam Schedule
The Universidad de Manila will conduct the College Admission Examination (SY-2020-2021) to qualified student applicants on February 23, 2020. The application for the said examination starts on February 3, 2020 and ends on February 8, 2020.
Who May Apply?
A student applicant must be:
- a bonafide resident of the City of Manila. If the student is already 18 years old, he/she must present proof of voter registration;
- a graduate from Manila Public High School;
- the parents are voters and residents of Manila;
- with a General Weighted Average (GWA) of 83% or better with no grade below 80% in any given subject/grading period;
- passers of Alternative Learning System (ALS) with a 100% percentile rating or better may also apply.
- 1 ½ X 1 ½ inch colored photo
- With name tag (Last Name, First Name, and Middle Initial) positioned on the chest
- Formal pose with collar, and no eyeglasses or any accessories that may cover the facial features
- Saved as JPEG (.jpg or .jpeg), 144 x 144 pixels, and filesize not more than 100 kilobytes. To resize the picture, you may use any offline or online photo editor.
Students who are accepted to UDM will be required to submit the following documents (softcopy and hardcopy):
- Original Form 138 (Senior High School Report Card). For ALS passers, submit the appropriate Certificate of Rating and Eligibility for College.
- COMELEC Voter’s Affidavit or Voter’s ID
- Clearance from UDM Medical and Dental Clinic
How to Apply
To apply for the entrance examination, please follow the instructions below:
- Using a computer with a good internet connection, go to https://udm.edu.ph/admission/ then click the Apply button.
- Read the University Privacy Statement and Click “I Agree…” box.
- Fill up and submit the UDM Application Form.
- Print your Exam Permit and bring it on the testing date at your designated test center. The exam permit is to be presented to the proctor. A No Permit, No Exam policy will be strictly enforced.