Is becoming a part of the Philippine Navy your lifelong dream? If you have what it takes to become a sailor and defend the Philippine seas, make that dream come true by joining the Navy this 2019! Interested? Please read on to know the requirements and the process of how to join the Philippine Navy as a Naval Officer or Candidate Soldier.
To beef up its force against terrorists and lawless elements, the Philippine Navy announced that they are needing additional officers and enlisted personnel this 2019. They are inviting qualified individuals, especially technical experts in mechatronics, instrumentation and control and other technical skills to submit their application and have a chance to join the Navy.
Philippine Navy Exam Schedule
Starting September 24, 2018, all applicants are required to register online and generate an examination number before applying for the exam. To apply for the examination, follow the application procedure below:
1. Register thru the AFPSAT E-Portal and generate your examination number.
2. Bring the following to the Recruitment, Testing and Holding Office, Bonifacio Naval Station, Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City or any Naval Forces Recruitment Centers for screening:
- Printed out AFPSAT Registration Form
- Original Transcript of Records/Form 137
- Original College Diploma/Senior High School Diploma
- Original PSA Birth Certificate
- Valid ID
- 2×2 ID Picture with white background
3. Present your examination permit with examination number during your AFPSAT schedule.
Alternatively, you can also apply through e-mail. Register thru the AFPSAT Portal, scan the above-mentioned documents then send your application at [email protected].
UPDATED MAY 22, 2019:
There will be a mobile recruitment for Naval Officer Candidate Course (NOCC) and Basic Seaman Course (BSC) on 03-14 June 2019 at Naval Forces Central, Naval Base Rafael Ramos, Lapu-lapu City, Cebu.
Following are the schedules:
- 03-05 June 2019 – AFPSAT/IQ/Neuro-Psychological Exam
- 05-09 June 2019 – Neuro-Psychological Interviews
- 10-14 June 2019 – Medical Exams
- 15-16 June 2019 – Physical Fitness Test
For more information, please contact them at mobile numbers 0933-821-0707/ 0917-830-9411 or email them at [email protected]
Requirements and Qualifications
Successful examinees may opt to take the Naval Officer Candidate Course or the Basic Seaman Course depending on their qualifications. To qualify for a position in the Philippine Navy, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a natural-born Filipino citizen and of good moral character.
- The applicant must have a barefoot height of not less than 152.4 centimeters or 5.0′ for both male and female.*
- You must be single and with no child to support.
- Must not have any pending civil/criminal case.
- Must have complete four front (anterior teeth) and at least three molars (back teeth) on both upper and lower jaws.
- Physically and mentally fit and willing to undergo rigorous military training
- Strictly No Tattoo!
*Indigenous people or member must submit certification from the National Commission on Indigenous People Main Office.
For those applicants who wish to become a commissioned officer in the Philippine Navy, you must possess the following requirements and qualifications in addition to the above-mentioned criteria:
- You must be a bachelor’s degree holder from a government-recognized institution (preferably technical courses like engineering courses, naval architecture, and the likes,).
- The aspiring officer must be 21 years old but not more than 29 years old on August 1 of any given recruitment year.
- He or she must pass the AFP Service Aptitude Test (AFPSAT) with a raw score of 98 or higher, IQ and Special Written Examination (SWE).
For individuals who want to take the Basic Seaman Course, he or she must meet the following qualifications:
- Must have at least 72 units in college (preferably technical courses) or Technical Education and Skills Development Authority National Certificate II (TESDA NC II) preferably with skills in electronics, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, welding, aircraft maintenance or heavy equipment operation.
- The candidate must be at least 18 yrs old and not a day older than 26 yrs old upon convening date.
- He or she must pass the AFP Service Aptitude Test (AFPSAT) and IQ examination.
Interested applicants must submit the following documentary requirements:
- A fully-accomplished application form (this form is available from the Naval HQ)
- Original and photocopy of PSA Birth Certificate.
- Original and photocopy of Transcript of Records
- Photocopy and original copy of college diploma (for NOCC)
- 2×2 colored ID picture with white background.
For more information about the application process and schedule of examination, you may contact the following:
Navy Personnel Management Center
Bonifacio Naval Station Fort Bonifacio
Phone Number: (02) 815-3420 loc 6137
Mobile Number: (+63) 917-476-3071 / (+63) 919-558-6274
Civil Relations Service- AFP
1110 Santos Avenue, CRSAFP,
Camp General Emilio Aguinaldo,
Quezon City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Tel: 911-6001 loc. 5665