Do you want to join the Bureau of Fire Protection as a Fire Officer 1? Well, you have to pass the Fire Officer Exam first! The Fire Officer Examination is open to qualified applicants and incumbent employees of the BFP who do not have a CSC 2nd-Level Eligibility, a PRC license, or the eligibility granted by special laws and CSC issuances. Passing the FOE will grant you the 2nd-level eligibility that is a major requirement when applying for a position in the BFP.
To help you pass the Fire Officer Examination with flying colors, we gathered review materials from different online sources. We do not guarantee a 100% success rate but it will definitely increase the chance of passing the FOE. As much as we try to ensure the veracity of this reviewer, we advise our readers to exercise due diligence. If you found any errors or entries that need corrections, do not hesitate to contact us by dropping a comment or through our contact page.
FOE Coverage and Reviewer
The Civil Service Commission will conduct the Fire Officer Exam on June 21, 2020 in different testing centers nationwide. The said examination will cover two major areas of interest; the General Ability and the Specialized Area which has 25% and 75% weight, respectively. The former will test your aptitude and reasoning skills while the latter will focus on the technical aspects of firefighting. For the complete scope of the entire examination and other relevant information, please read on.
To access our free practice tests and downloadable review materials, please follow the links on the subject areas.
Scope of Examination
- Fire Code of the Philippines- Practice Test 1
- Fire Safety Related Codes, NFPA Laws and other BFP issuances (Building Code, Electrical Code)
- BFP Citizens Charter, SOP/MCs on Fire Safety Inspection
- The Law on Arson in the Philippines (RPC)
– Constitutional Rights of the Accused
– Prima Facie Evidence of Arson
– Rules of Court
- Procedure and Techniques
– Identification, Preservation and Handling of Evidence
– Other Related Procedure and Techniques
- SOP’s on Fire and Arson Investigation
- RA 6975 and its IRR
- RA 9263 and its IRR
- RA 9592 and its IRR
- CSC Rules and Regulations and Qualification Standards
- BFP Memo Circulars and SOP’s on Administrative Matters
* This reviewer is currently under construction. We will provide the practice exams on the Specialized Areas as soon as we gather enough materials. You may bookmark this post or follow our Facebook page for the updates.
Credits to the owners of the PDF files.
Joining the Bureau of Fire Protection as a Fire Officer takes more than just passing the FOE. But passing the examination will make you qualify for the position. Now that we have provided you the reviewers for free, the ball is now on your hands. Use these free resources to your advantage. Do not procrastinate and prepare yourself as early as now. That way, you will increase your chances of passing the first hurdle of your firefighting career.
Good luck and may the odds be in your favor.