The Civil Service Commission in coordination with the Bureau of Fire Protection conducts the Fire Officer Examination biennially. It is given to qualified individuals who want to join the Bureau as a Fire Officer 1. The purpose of the exam is to establish a Register of Eligibles (RoE) from which certification and appointment to second level ranks in the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) and other functionally related positions shall be made, provided the eligibles meet the qualifications and other requirements of the positions.
If you are interested to be a fire officer in the Bureau of Fire Protection, you can take the upcoming Fire Officer Examination this 2020. Here are the details about the 2020 FOE including the steps on how to apply for the examination.
Fire Officer Exam Schedule for CY 2020
The Civil Service Commission will simultaneously conduct the nationwide Fire Officer Exam 2020 (FOE) on June 21, 2020. Interested individuals may file their application for the said examination from March 31 to April 30, 2020. Acceptance of applications shall be on a first-come, first-served basis and shall be closed any time before the deadline if the CSC Regional/Field Office has already reached the target number of applicants.
You may also read this: Penology Officer Examination 2020 Schedule, Requirements
FOE Requirements and Qualifications
All applicants for the 2020 Fire Officer Examination (FOE) must strictly meet these qualification requirements:
- He or she must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be a Baccalaureate degree holder from a government-recognized institution;
- Physically and mentally fit;
- of good moral character;
- No criminal record, must not have been convicted of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
- and have not been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government.
- The applicant must be 21 to 35 years old at the time of filing of applications;
- No height requirement.
You may also read this: How to be a Firefighter in the Philippines
The age requirement will only apply to private individuals who will take the FOE. Age requirement is waived for incumbent employees of the BFP. Any passer of Bar and Board Exams given by the Supreme Court and Professional Regulations Commission, respectively, is automatically granted the Civil Service Eligibility pursuant to RA 1080. Similarly, any holder of the Honor Graduate Eligibility pursuant to Presidential Decree 907 may opt not to take the exam anymore.
Application Requirements and Guide
Applicants must provide the following documentary requirements :
1. A fully accomplished Civil Service Examination Form – CS Form No. 100 ( Revised September 2016). The spaces for the signature and thumbmark should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC application processor.
2. Original and photocopy of your valid ID. To know more about the list of accepted ID’s, check this out: CSC List of Accepted IDs
3. Four (4) pcs. Philippine Passport size pictures with a dimension of 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.78 x 1.38 inches. Submit pictures that are taken within the last 3 months prior to the filing of the application. The picture must be colored in a white background and printed in good quality photo paper. Additionally, it must be in the bare face with no eyeglasses, colored contact lenses, or any accessories that may cover the facial features (facial features not computer-enhanced). Please refer to the images below for a more detailed explanation of this matter.
4. Prepare a non-refundable examination fee of Php 700.00
After completing all the required documents, you must personally submit them to the CSC Regional Office or any CSC field office where you intend to take the examination. Submit your application as soon as possible because as stated above, it will be on a first-come, first-served basis. For your reference, a complete directory of CSC Regional and field offices nationwide is available at the official website of the Civil Service Commission.
After submitting the documentary requirements and paying the exam fee, the processor will give you the official receipt and examination slip. You will be informed of your school assignment (place of examination) through the Online Notice of School Assignment or ONSA. The ONSA shall be available at the official CSC website about two weeks before the examination day. We advise that you secure a printout of this ONSA before leaving your place for the exam.
FOE Passing Grade
To be able to pass the exam, the examinee should get a general rating of 80.00. Successful examinees will be given the Civil Service Commission (CSC) 2nd Level Eligibility. With it, you can now apply to the Bureau of Fire Protection and pursue your dream of becoming a firefighter. Good luck!