BuCor Hiring 2021– The Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) is now accepting applicants for its Recruitment Cycle 2021. However, unlike the previous year’s recruitment cycle, only Corrections Officer I positions will be filled out for the Uniformed Personnel positions.
The Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) is a part of the Department of Justice in charge of safekeeping and rehabilitation of offenders convicted by the courts through progressive, effective, and efficient administration. Those offenders under the care of BuCor are classified as national prisoners, serving sentences of three years or more. The agency has its headquarters in the New Bilibid Prison Reservation in Muntinlupa.
Applicants who wish to become a part of the Bureau as a Corrections Officer or a Corrections Technical Officer must possess the following qualifications:
- He or she must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be of good moral character and not have been convicted by final judgment of any offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
- Must be a graduate of a baccalaureate degree;
- The applicant must be at least 5’4″ (male) or 5’2″ (female) in height*;
- Must possess any of the following eligibilities:
- Passer of Civil Service Exam-Professional Level (2nd Level Eligibility)
- RA 1080 (Bar or Board Examination)
- P.D. 907 (College Latin honors)
- He or she must not be less than 21 years but not more than 40 years of age;
- Must not have been dismissed dishonorably from military employment or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government;
- Physically and mentally fit.
- Must pass the physical/agility test, qualifying exam, interview, neuro-psychiatric exam, medical and dental exams.
*Height waiver is accepted for applicants belonging to cultural minorities.
Age and Height Waivers
Waiver of the height requirement may be granted to a male applicant who is at least 5’2″ and to a female applicant who is at least 5’o”. Those applicants with special qualifications and skills and possess exemplary aptitude but not meet the required age and height shall be given an opportunity to apply for a waiver. The applicants for a waiver must possess any of the following:
- Special skills in investigation, intelligence information;
- Special talents in the field of sports, music, arts, and culture;
- Extensive experience and training in forensic science and other legal, medical and technical services;
- Outstanding academic records and extracurricular activities;
- Good family background in law enforcement or socio-civic activities;
- Recognized social standing in the community; and
- Awards and commendations.
The height requirements for the initial appointment to BuCor may be waived only when the number of qualified applicants falls below the minimum quota subject to the provision of Rule 11 of RA No. 10575 otherwise known as “The Bureau of Corrections Act of 2013”. Provided, that applicants who belong to cultural communities must submit proofs of their membership in a particular cultural minority as certified by the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP) or the National Commission on Muslim Filipinos (NCMF);
Upon the recommendation of the BuCor Recruitment Unit, a waiver of height requirement may be granted by the Director-General of the Bureau of Corrections.
If you possess all the qualifications above and willing to apply, prepare the following documentary requirements below. Only folders 1 and 2 are to be initially submitted when applying for the position. Folders 3 and 4 are to be submitted at a later announced date, subsequent to the result of the Agility Examinations.
1. Folder for Application (In a long white folder and properly tabbed)
- Letter of intent
- 5 notarized copies of the duly-accomplished Personal Data Sheet (CSC Form 212 Revised 2017)* Please check this guide in filling up the PDS
- 2 copies of authenticated Certificate of Eligibility and official receipt
- Authenticated Transcript of Records
- Authenticated certification from school/CHED
- Original copy of PSA birth certificate (Official receipt to be presented)
- Original copy of PSA Marriage Certificate (if applicable)
- Original copy of PSA Birth certificate of children (if applicable)
- Valid NBI Clearance
- 1 valid PNP Directorate for Intelligence (D.I.) Clearance (from Camp Crame)
2. Folder for BuCor IID
- Notarized copy of a duly-accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS)
- Original copies of clearances from the following agencies:
- 1 NBI Clearance
- 1 PNP Directorate for Intelligence (D.I.) Clearance
- 1 Local Police Clearance
- 1 Barangay Clearance
- 1 RTC, MTC, Prosecution Clearance
- PSA Birth certificate*
- PSA Marriage Certificate (if married)*
- Education Certificates*
- Certificate of Employment (if previously employed)*
- Passport (if any)*
- Notarized waiver/authority to allow BuCor to undergo a background investigation. Download BuCor Background Investigation Authorization here.
- Sketch of house/residence from landmarks
- 2 pcs of latest colored 2×2 picture (not photoshopped)
*Maybe submitted as photocopies
3. Folder for the Selection Board
- 12 Photocopies of the original Personal Data Sheet
4. Folder for Attestation
- Notarized and duly-accomplished Personal Data Sheet (CSC Form 212 Revised 2017)
- Authenticated Certificate of Eligibility
How to Apply
Due to the upsurge in COVID-19 cases and the imposition of the strictest quarantine protocol, the BuCor Human Resources Division shall not be accepting walk-in applicants for the duration of the ECQ. You may send your applications through email at email@example.com or to one of the addresses listed below:
You can submit the above-mentioned documentary requirements in any of the following locations:
Bureau of Corrections National Headquarters, New Bilibid Prison, Muntinlupa City Iwahig Prison and Penal Farm, Puerto Princesa City, Palawan Davao Prison and Penal Farm, Panabo City, Davao del Norte Sablayan Prison and Penal Farm, Sablayan, Occidental Mindoro San Ramon Prison and Penal Farm, San Ramon, Zamboanga City Leyte Regional Prison, Abuyog, Southern Leyte Submit the requirements personally as the electronic submission of requirements will not be considered.
Salary and Benefits
As a new Corrections Officer 1, you will receive a basic salary of Php 29,668.00. In addition to the basic salary, you shall be entitled to longevity pay and other allowances. Since you are working in the government, you shall enjoy the security of tenure and free advance training and seminars.
What are you waiting for? Apply now!