The Philippine Army Nursing Service is now looking for nurses to join the Army Nurse Corps. It announced on its Facebook page that they are hiring Registered Nurses, which will receive good compensation plus benefits and privileges once accepted. That includes a salary of Php 43,686 which starts while on training.
If you want to level up your nursing career by channeling your inner Florence Nightingale in taking care of the sick and the wounded, please read on.
To qualify for the Philippine Army Nurse Corps, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be a natural-born Filipino citizen;
- 21 to 26 years old upon admission;
- Single and never been married; never borne or sired a child;
- Of good moral character
- Height of not less than 5’0 ft. (152.4cm) both for male and female, but not more than 6’4” (193.04 cm);
- Must be a Registered Nurse with at least 80% rating;
- With normal body mass index;
- With a vision of not more than 150 on both eyes;
- With at least one (1) year hospital experience in DOH accredited Level II hospital;
- Must pass the Armed Forces of the Philippines Service Aptitude Test (AFPSAT) with a passing grade for commissionship.
- Must pass the physical medical exam and physical fitness test.
How to Apply
There will be a pre-screening of Nurse Corps Applicants in the Philippine Army on 25 October 2019 in AFP Central Command, Cebu City. The pre-screening is composed of a Qualifying Exam and an Initial Interview.
You must be in corporate attire and bring 3 sets of Curriculum Vitae, PRC ID and blue ballpen. To register for the said event, go to their Eventbrite page for more details.
Benefits and Privileges
As a member of the Nurse Corps, you will be commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Philippine Army. You are entitled to good compensation and benefits comparable or even better than working in private and public hospitals. In addition, you will also enjoy job security because you will be working in the government. Here is the list of benefits while serving in the Nurse Corps:
- Competitive Salary: Php 43,686 while on training
- Insurance and Healthcare Benefits
- Billeting and housing privileges
- Leadership and other skills training
- Opportunity for career advancement based on performance
- Opportunities for Postgraduate Studies both within the country and abroad
- Good Pension and retirement benefits.
Apart from these benefits, you can practice your profession in clinics, military hospitals, and even in the community. What are you waiting for? Apply now and join the Nurse Corps!