The Philippine Normal University (PNU), originally known as the Philippine Normal School, is the first institution of higher learning in the Philippines. Created by Act No. 74 of the Philippine Commission, it opened its door to the public on September 1, 1901. Through the years, the institution is the leader in teacher education and it was designated as the National Center for Teacher Education by the virtue of Republic Act 9647. The main campus of the PNU is in the city of Manila with branches in Agusan del Sur, Isabela, Negros Occidental and Quezon Province.
Note: For the PNUAT Results, click: PNU Admission Test Result for S.Y. 2020-2021
If you are an incoming college freshman who wants to be a licensed teacher someday, you might want to consider enrolling in PNU. But before that, you first need to pass the Philippine Normal University Admission Test (PNUAT). This is the University’s entrance examination for aspiring students who wish to get their college education from the best teacher education institution in the country today.
Without much further ado, here is our step by step guide on how to apply for the PNUAT including the admission requirements and qualifications.
PNUAT Schedule AY 2020-2021
The Philippine Normal University Admission Test will be on December 1, 2019 in the following testing centers:
- PNU Manila (Taft Avenue, Ermita, Manila)
- PNU North Luzon (Alicia, Isabela)
- PNU South Luzon ( Lopez, Quezon)
- PNU Visayas (Cadiz City, Negros Occidental)
- PNU Mindana0 (Prosperidad, Agusan del Sur)
The application period starts on September 4, 2019 and will end on November 15, 2019.
To qualify for the PNUAT, you must possess the following qualifications:
- You must be a high school graduate (any track is accepted) from any learning institution duly recognized by the Department of Education of the Philippines;
- You must not have earned a grade lower than 80 in any subject during your final year in senior high school.
If you are a foreign student, you must have a computed GPA equivalent to at least 80% or its equivalent ion the PNU Grading System.
If you really intend to apply for the upcoming PNUAT, here are the documents you must prepare:
- A certified true copy of your report card with no failing grade in any subject;
- A certification from the school principal proving that you are a part of the SHS graduating class;
- Two copies of your 2×2 latest colored photo;
- An entrance examination fee of P350.00.
How to Apply
After completing the admission requirements, you can now submit them for evaluation. Here are the steps in applying for PNUAT:
- Go to any PNU campus where you intend to take the PNUAT then proceed to the Office of Admissions. Present your complete set of requirements for evaluation.
- Proceed to the management Information System Office (MISO) and fill out the Application for Admission Test (Online Profiling). Have your application form printed and return to the Office of Admissions.
- Get the “Order of Payment” then go to the Cashier’s Office to pay the examination fee.
- Go back to the Office of Admissions then present your official receipt. Log on your name on the list of examinees for the PNUAT then claim your test permit.
The PNU Admission Test covers the following subjects:
- Mathematics (Basic Math, Geometry, Algebra and Problem-solving)
- English ( grammar, language proficiency, reading comprehension)
Sometimes, there are questions about history and general information. You can also find questions where you have to imagine yourself as a teacher and you have to choose your actions in some scenarios. The actual exam is not that hard, you just have to review your SHS and Junior high school notes. According to some, the real deal is the interview and the medical examination. Good luck!
For more information, you may contact the following numbers and email addresses:
(03) 317-1768 local 753
PNU North Luzon
PNU South Luzon