The Philippine Science High School (PSHS) is now accepting applicants for the National Competitive Examination (NCE) for incoming Grade 7, SY 2020-2021. The deadline for submission of completed application form and the requirements is until September 13, 2019 only. The tentative date of the entrance examination is on October 19, 2019.
A grade 6 elementary pupil from a duly recognized school by the Department of Education must meet these criteria for eligibility to be able to apply for the PSHS-NCE:
- The applicant must be a Filipino citizen with no pending or approved application as immigrant to any foreign country;
- Must be born on or after August 1, 2005;
- Having a final grade of 85% or better in Science and Mathematics, evidenced by the student’s report card. If the student’s grades in Science or Math are below 85%, then, he/she must provide evidence that he/she belongs to the upper 10% of the class;
- Having at least a satisfactory rating (or its equivalent) in his/her Character Rating in his/her report card (SY 2018 – 2019);
- Must be healthy and fit to undergo a rigorous academic program;
- Finally, he or she must not have taken the PSHS NCE previously.
- A fully accomplished application form in two (2) copies.
- Recent 1 x 1 ID pictures (2 pcs, identical).
- Non-refundable examination fee of Php 100 for private schools. If an applicant is coming from a public school, there is no need to pay for the examination, it’s free.
- A certified true copy of report card (SY 2018 – 2019) by the class adviser/principal.
- If the final grades in Science or Math are below 85%, certification or proof that the child belongs to the upper 10% of the class.
How to Apply
To apply, submit the above-mentioned application requirements to any PSHS Campus and DOST Regional office near you before September 13, 2019.
What are the privileges of a PSHS Scholar?
Applicants who are admitted to the Philippine Science High School are considered as government scholars and therefore entitled to receive the following benefits:
- Free tuition fee;
- Free loan of textbooks;
- Monthly stipend;
- Uniform, transportation and living allowances for low-income groups;
- Dormitory accommodation (if applicable).
Do you want to take and pass the 2098 NCE and later be admitted to the PSHS? Check out this Philippine Science High School NCE 2018 Reviewer.
Application forms are also available and may be filed at any of the following: PSHS campuses, DOST Regional offices, or Provincial Science and Technology Offices. Application forms with incomplete information will not be processed. Erasures, alterations, and insertions must be initialed by the applicant.
The Examination Permit/s will be issued to the applicants upon completion of all documents by the campus where the application was processed. For applications filed with DOST agencies, the exam permits will be mailed to the applicant, or to the School Principal for distribution to its applicant/s.
In case the exam permits are not received two (2) weeks before the examination day, the applicants should check with the nearest PSHS campus, DOST Regional Office, DOST Provincial Science and Technology Office, or the PSHS System Admissions Office.
For more details, please call (02) 939- 7747 or visit any PSHS Campus nearest you.