Looking for a scholarship grant to fund your college education? Good news! The SM Foundation College is offering its Scholarship Program for Academic Year (AY) 2020-2021. The program was conceived in 1993 through the late Henry Sy, Sr’s belief that education is the best defense against poverty. Since then, the SM Foundation is offering scholarships to thousands of deserving high school graduates giving them the opportunity to reach their full potential and have a better future.
Here are the qualifications you need to fulfill to become a scholar:
- You must be a Grade 12 high school graduate from public schools or a private high school graduate with DepEd voucher after completing Grade 10 from public schools in the areas covered:
- Luzon: NCR, Albay, Bataan, Batangas, Benguet, Bulacan, Cagayan, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Cavite, Isabela, Laguna, Nueva Ecija, Palawan, Pampanga, Pangasinan, Sorsogon, Quezon, Rizal, Tarlac, Zambales
- Visayas: Capiz, Cebu, Iloilo, Leyte, Negros Occidental
- Mindanao: Agusan del Norte, Davao del Sur, Misamis Oriental, South Cotabato, Zamboanga del Sur
- A general weighted average grade of at least 88% or its equivalent for Grade 12 – 1st semester.
- With a total household income of less than or equal to P150,000 per year.
The SM Foundation Inc. is now accepting online applications for its College Scholarship Program for School Year 2020-2021 until December 31, 2019. Please be reminded that the application will be done online and walk-in applicants will not be accepted.
How to Apply
Here is the step-by-step process on how to become an SM Foundation Scholar:
1. Online Application
Using a computer with a good internet connection, go to https://scholarship.sm-foundation.org/. On the landing page, click the STUDENT tab then click the register button. Accomplish the online application form then upload all the required documents below:
- Your parent’s or guardian’s 2017 Income Tax Return / Certification of Non-Filing of Income / Certificate of Indigency;
- Latest Grade 12 or 4th-year report card
- Birth Certificate
- 2 x 2 ID picture
- Sketch of home to the nearest SM mall
2. Confirm your Application
Confirm your scholarship application by logging-in to the SM Scholarship Online System within 7 days after the submission of the online application. Failure to confirm your application within this time period will render your application void.
3. Wait for the Notification
The Foundation will now assess and evaluate your application form and other documents. Wait for the e-mail notification indicating that you are qualified or your application is invalid or with incomplete requirements.
4. Pass the Examination
You will receive the schedule of examination through email within 15 days after confirming your online application. Exam passers will be announced on the same day.
Exam passers will be interviewed by SM Foundation staff on the same day of the exam.
6. Home Visit
After passing the exam and interview, the SM Foundation team will visit your house to check if you are really qualified for the program.
7. Confirmation of Course and School
After passing all the steps above, you will be called for the confirmation of your preferred course and school.
8. Orientation and Contract Signing
You will receive an email notification indicating the schedule of orientation.
Here are the courses available to an SM scholar for the Academic year 2020-2021:
- BS in Computer Science
- BS in Information Technology
- BS in Electronics and Communications Engineering / BS in Electronics Engineering
- BS in Computer Engineering
- BS in Civil Engineering
- BS Mechanical Engineering
- BS in Electrical Engineering
- BS in Elementary Education
- BS in Secondary Education major in Biology, Chemistry, General Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, English
- BS in Accountancy
- BS in Accounting Technology
- BS in Accounting Information Systems
- BS in Internal Auditing
- BS in Financial Management
- BS in Management Accounting
Benefits of Being an SM Scholar
SM Foundation Scholars are entitled to a full-tuition college education, a monthly stipend and part-time job opportunities during semestral and Christmas breaks. Aside from these benefits, scholars will receive exclusive job offers with the SM group.
What are you waiting for? Submit your application now and become an SM scholar!