The BFP conducts the Qualifying Written Examination to qualified applicants to advance to the next step of the recruitment process which is the Physical Agility Test. It has the highest percentage points (40%) in the overall ranking computation. The conduct of the nationwide Bureau of Fire Protection qualifying exam will be facilitated by the concerned BFP Regional Personnel Selection Board with the assistance from the BFP national Headquarters.
BFP Qualifying Exam Schedule
The registration (evaluation of valid IDs, seat plans, etc.) will start at exactly 1200H on May 21, 2019. The simultaneous conduct of the qualifying examination will commence at exactly 1400H. The full duration of the said examination is about two (2) hours. Examinees must bring the following items on the day of the examination:
- Two (2) valid IDs;
- Passport size picture with a nametag;
- Black ballpen(s);
- A folder size illustration board, in case of unavailability of an armchair.
The examinees must wear a white t-shirt, maong pants, and rubber shoes during the examination.
Coverage and Reviewer
The BFP Qualifying Exam is comprised of 100 questions in multiple choice format. It will cover the following subject areas:
- General Information / Current Events – 30%
- Vocabulary – 15%
- Synonyms– 15%
- Grammar and Correct Usage-10%
- Analogy– 10%
- Reading Comprehension– 10%
- Mathematics– 10%
To access the reviewers, please follow the links above. As much as we try to keep the practice exams as accurate as possible, we make no guarantees about the veracity and accuracy of the information it provides. If you found errors or parts that need corrections, please contact us thru the comments below.
Things to Remember
- To standardize/rationalize the number of FO1 applicants who will proceed to the next stage of hiring, the “Quota x 2” per region will be implemented. For example, if the approved quota for Region 3 is 100, and the total number of examinees is 400, then 100 x 2= 200. This means only 200 out of 400 examinees will be allowed to take the next stage of the selection process.
- For ranking purposes, the following criteria with the corresponding maximum percentage points will be observed:
- Qualifying Written Examination- 40%
- Physical Agility Test – 30%
- Panel Interview – 30%
- The DILG and BFP Regional Officers will post the results of the qualifying written exam on their websites on May 31, 2019.