CSC Regional Office 1 announces the schedules of the Computerized Examination (COMEX) for the 2nd Semester (July – December) of 2023 to be conducted at the CSC RO1 Building, Quezon Avenue, San Fernando City, La Union.
|Professional||04 July 2023 (Tuesday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||06 July 2023 (Thursday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||11 July 2023 (Tuesday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||13 July 2023 (Thursday)||11:30 AM|
|Sub-Professional||05 September 2023 (Tuesday)||11:30 AM|
|Sub-Professional||07 September 2023 (Thursday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||12 September 2023 (Tuesday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||14 September 2023 (Thursday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||03 October 2023 (Tuesday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||05 October 2023 (Thursday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||10 October 2023 (Tuesday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||12 October 2023 (Thursday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||07 November 2023 (Tuesday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||09 November 2023 (Thursday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||21 November 2023 (Tuesday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||23 November 2023 (Thursday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||05 December 2023 (Tuesday)||11:30 AM|
|Professional||07 December 2023 (Thursday)||11:30 AM|
How to Apply for COMEX
To secure a slot for the upcoming Computerized Examination, please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Pre-registration
Log into https://bit.ly/cscro1comex and provide your personal information. This procedure, which is the initial step at the RO1 level, differs from registering an account on the COMEX website. It does not automatically guarantee a slot in any of the COMEX schedules. It only intends to log/record all applicants interested in taking the exam in CSC RO1, the list of which is arranged chronologically according to the registration date.
This step intends to record all applicants who are interested in taking the COMEX at CSC Regional Office 1, San Fernando City, La Union. An authorized CSC RO1 personnel will advise the applicants to wait for coordination via email and/or phone call for their possible schedule and further instructions.
An authorized CSC RO1 personnel will send an email or make a phone call to the applicants based on the list generated in Step 1. Upon receiving information about the specific examination date, the applicants will be instructed to register an account on the COMEX website.
Step 2: Creating a COMEX Account
To create an account on the COMEX website, please follow the instructions below:
- Access the COMEX website at http://www.comex.csc.gov.ph/user/ using a computer with a good internet connection.
- Click the Sign-up Now button on the left side of the screen.
- You will be met by an SSL privacy error. Click the Advanced button then click the Proceed to www.comex.csc.gov.ph (unsafe) link.
- Fill out the online registration form. Use a valid e-mail address that you can access. Then submit your information by clicking the submit button.
- Check your e-mail account for the system confirmation e-mail. If you can’t find the confirmation e-mail in your inbox, check the spam folder.
- Activate your COMEX user account by clicking the activation link. It will redirect you to the COMEX website.
- Log in to the system using your registered username and password.
- Click the Examination Schedules tab then reserve an examination slot.
For CSC COMEX account holders: Make sure your account has been active in the last three months; otherwise, you must register again. Congestion caused by simultaneous public access may be the cause of failed attempts to access the CSC COMEX website. When this occurs, applicants are advised to restart their internet connection and try again.
Step 3: Payment of Examination Fee
After successfully registering their COMEX account, applicants must proceed to pay the registration fee of Php 680.00 at CSC RO1 or any CSC Field Office in Region 1 at least 3 days before the examination.
Step 4: Taking the Examination
On the day of the examination, registered examinees must report to CSC RO1, located at Quezon Avenue, San Fernando City, La Union, between 8:30 AM and 9:30 AM for the verification of their identity, as well as the capturing of their photo, fingerprints, digital signature, and other personal information. To fulfill this requirement, they must present a valid ID and official receipt (OR). The examination will commence no earlier than 11:30 AM.
COMEX Qualifications and Requirements
Any applicant who wants to take the COMEX must NOT have taken the same level of examination being applied for either through Civil Service Exam- Pen and Paper Test (CSE-PPT) or the COMEX mode, within 3 months before the date of the exam.
If you are qualified to take the exam, follow the above procedure in getting your slot. After setting up a reservation, please submit the following documents to the designated CSC Office on the scheduled date and time:
- Original and photocopy of your valid ID accepted by the CSC;
- For applicants without a date of birth on their ID cards, bring an original photocopy of your birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority or the Local Civil Registry printed on Security Paper.
- For applicants who are holding dual citizenship under R.A. No. 9225, submit an original photocopy of the Certification and Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship issued by the Bureau of Immigration.
Test Results and Issuance of Certificate
The COMEX results shall be available within one (1) week after the examination and posted on the CSC website. The Commission shall issue the Certificate of Eligibility within one week after the examination. However, the period for posting the list of passers and the availability of the certificate may be extended as necessary in light of possible system technical problems.