The Civil Service Commission (CSC) released the Computerized Examination (COMEX) schedule for the first half of 2020. There are five (5) examinations to be held in the CSC Regional Offices nationwide. If you are interested to take the COMEX, here are the schedules and the date and time of online reservation for the examination slots. Please read on.
COMEX Schedule for 2020
The CSC Regional Offices will conduct COMEX for Professional and Sub-Professional levels on the following dates:
|CSC REGIONAL OFFICES|
|Date/Time of Online Reservation||Date of Examination|
|February 7 8:30 AM||February 12, 2020 (Sub-Professional)|
|March 19, 2020 8:30 AM||March 26, 2020 (Professional)|
|April 16, 2020 8:30 AM||April 23, 2020 (Professional)|
|May 7, 2020 8:30 AM||May 14, 2020 (Professional)|
|May 28, 2020 8:30 AM||June 4, 2020 (Professional)|
Please be reminded that the availability of online reservation for the CSC Regional Offices (CSC ROs) shall include only CSC ROs joining the scheduled date of examination.
How to Apply for COMEX
Interested applicants for the CSC Computerized Examination must create a user account on the COMEX website. Once activated, the user will have access to the Examination Schedules and may reserve an examination slot. To create an account on the COMEX website, please follow the instructions below:
- Access the COMEX website at http://www.comex.csc.gov.ph/user/ using a computer with a good internet connection.
- Click the Sign-up Now button on the left side of the screen.
- You will be met by an SSL privacy error. Click the Advanced button then click the Proceed to www.comex.csc.gov.ph (unsafe) link.
- Fill-out the online registration form. Use a valid e-mail address that you can access. Then submit your information by clicking the submit button.
- Check your e-mail account for the system confirmation e-mail. If you can’t find the confirmation e-mail in your inbox, check the spam folder.
- Activate your COMEX user account by clicking the activation link. It will redirect you to the COMEX website.
- Log-in to the system using your registered username and password.
- Click the Examination Schedules tab then reserve an examination slot.
Set your exam reservation quickly because the slots for the examinations are limited and may be taken and filled up in a matter of minutes. If you are taking the COMEX in any of the CSC Regional Offices, check the “Testing Center and Personal Appearance Venue” indicated in the Examination Schedule page before making a reservation. If you can not access the website, it may be caused by traffic congestion due to the simultaneous access of applicants. When this happens, just reset your internet connection, refresh your browser then try again.
COMEX Qualifications and Requirements
Any applicant who wants to take the COMEX must NOT have taken the same level of examination being applied for either through Civil Service Exam– Pen and Paper Test (CSE-PPT) or the COMEX mode, within 3 months before the date of the exam.
If you are qualified to take the exam, follow the above procedure in getting your slot. After setting up a reservation, please submit the following documents to the designated CSC Office on the scheduled date and time:
- Original and photocopy of your valid ID accepted by the CSC;
- For applicants without date of birth in their ID cards, bring an original and photocopy of your birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority or the Local Civil Registry printed on Security Paper.
- For applicants who are holding dual citizenship under R.A. No. 9225, submit an original and photocopy of Certification and Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship issued by the Bureau of Immigration.
The examination fee is Php 600.00 plus an additional Php 80.00 as a service fee for digital information (photo, signature, and biometric fingerprints).
Test Results and Issuance of Certificate
The COMEX results shall be available within one (1) week after the examination and shall be posted on the CSC website. The Commission shall issue the Certificate of Eligibility within one week after the examination. However, the period of posting of the list of passers and the availability of the certificate may be extended as necessary in the light of possible system technical problem.