How to Replace a Lost PRC ID: 2024 Guide

The PRC ID is one of the most significant identification cards in your wallet right now if you are working in the Philippines as a professional. You cannot practice your profession without it. Your Professional Identification Card (PIC) proves that you are a qualified individual who has satisfied particular educational standards and passed the licensure exams. But what if it is lost or stolen? Do you have to reapply for your professional license all over again?

Losing your license is inconvenient, but replacing it is simple and much less expensive than you might think. In this article, we’ll go over the steps you’ll need to follow to get a duplicate of your PRC license.

What are the Requirements to Replace a PRC ID?

To push through with the duplication of your lost PRC ID, you need the following documents:

  • Notarized Affidavit of loss (if lost)
  • A government-issued ID (driver’s license, UMID, passport)
  • 250 pesos fee
  • A PRC LERIS Account
  • Passport-sized photo with white background; collared shirt ( if you still do not have a LERIS Account)
  •  Special Power of Attorney and valid ID if filed through an authorized representative.

How to Replace a Lost/Stolen PRC ID?

Doing business with the PRC used to entail manually submitting all of the requirements and waiting in long lines at the cashier window. Fortunately, with the widespread use of computers and smartphones, the PRC is now implementing the Licensure Examination and Registration Information System, or LERIS. It effectively removed several transactions, allowing the PRC to accommodate more applicants with fewer resources. All of the problems with the old system have been significantly reduced, if not eliminated.

Before visiting the PRC to replace a lost ID, you must first schedule an appointment using LERIS. It is required because the PRC no longer accepts walk-in applications. To secure an appointment, please follow the procedure below.

Keep in mind that you cannot duplicate your PRC ID if its expiration date is less than a year. This is because it would be impractical for both you and the PRC. You would have to return to the PRC for your license renewal soon after getting your duplicate ID. This would waste resources and cause inconvenience for you.

If you lost your license card less than a year from its expiration date, just do a PRC card renewal. You can renew it as early as 10 months before it expires.

1. Log in to LERIS

To access the LERIS portal, go to using a computer with a good internet connection. Enter your login credentials after clicking the sign-in button. If you haven’t already done so, go ahead and register for a LERIS account. Please include a recent photograph of yourself and complete all required fields.

Sign in to LERIS

2. Select Transaction

On the right side of the page, click the large blue SELECT TRANSACTION button. A pop-up window will appear asking you to select your preferred transaction. Click the DUPLICATE tab then select your profession using the drop-down menu. Enter your PRC License Number then click proceed.

Select transaction

3. Select the PRC Office

You will now be redirected to the appointment page. Please select your preferred PRC Regional Office from the drop-down menu where you intend to conduct your transaction. Click the PROCEED button to continue.

Choose PRC office

4. Pay the Duplicate Fee

Select a method of payment to complete the transaction. If you do not want to pay transaction fees, pay at the cashier of the PRC office of your choice on the day of your scheduled appointment. Otherwise, select one of the available online payment methods. If you have a debit or credit card, a GCash, or a Maya account, these payment options are cheaper as you will only incur an additional 8 pesos in addition to the duplicate fee of 250 pesos.

5. Print the Application Form

After completing the payment, you will be redirected to the Existing Transactions tab. Here, you will see your appointment details and the status of your payment, if it has already been posted or not. Click the Print Document button. A prompt will appear asking you to download the file. Download the application form and save it to your hard drive or a USB storage device.

6. Go to the PRC Office

Go to your preferred PRC Regional Office on your scheduled date and time. Submit a printed copy of your application form along with your Affidavit of Loss and valid identification card. Depending on the number of applications, the PRC usually releases the duplicate ID within the day.

Frequently Asked Questions

Here are the most commonly asked questions about the process of replacing a lost or stolen PRC ID license.

Q: Can I apply for a duplicate anytime?

A: No. You cannot duplicate your PRC ID if its expiration date is less than a year.

Q: Do I have to pay for the appointment?

A: No. Getting an appointment using the PRC LERIS is free. Be wary of fixers who offer services to transact with PRC for a fee.

Q: How much is the fee for the duplicate PRC ID?

 A: The application fee is ₱250.00 and an additional 8 pesos convenience fee if paid online using GCash, Maya, debit, or credit card.

Q: How long does it take to get a copy of the Professional Identification Card (PIC)?

A: Duplicate professional identification card is released within the day.

Q: I am an OFW and I cannot personally get the ID card. What should I do?

A: Provide a Special Power of Attorney and valid ID if the application is filed through an authorized representative.


If you have lost your PRC license, the first thing to do is to secure an Affidavit of Loss. Then you may now apply for a duplicate PRC ID. Applying for a duplicate PRC license ID is a relatively simple process. Be sure to have all the required documents and information on hand before starting the application. Following the above instructions will make the process go more smoothly. Have a hassle-free application process!

Notify of

Oldest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
23 days ago

I lost my license card less than a year from its expiration date, do I still need to secure affidavit of loss?

4 months ago

Hi , JUst want to ask how to get an affidavit of loss for a PRC ID? Thank you!

5 months ago

Hi, can I go to the PRC office and bring with me a photocopy of another valid ID? My passport is my Employer currently and I don’t have any other supporting IDs.

5 months ago

Hello! I lost my ID the moment it was released to me. I dont know my license number. And I cannot proceed to file for a replacement because it is required to put license #. What to do?

3 months ago
Reply to  Lynette

hi may i know how you resolved this issue i am going through the same problem at this moment.

6 months ago

If I lost my PRC card which has not been renewed for more than 5 years, how can I renew? I am an OFW.

Last edited 6 months ago by Grace