Do you want to be a PISAY scholar? If you are one of the incoming Grade 8 or 9 students this SY 2021-2022, passing the PSHS Lateral Admission Qualifying Examination (LAQE) is your chance to become a PISAY scholar. This examination provides chances to deserving students of Grades 7 and 8 from other public and private schools to become government scholars and be a part of the leading science high school in the Asia Pacific Region. Without further ado, here are the schedule, qualifications, and application guide for the PSHS Lateral Admission Qualifying Exam.
2021 PSHS LAQE Schedule
The Philippine Science High School System (PSHSS) will conduct the qualifying examination (online) on August 24, 2021. They will start accepting applications for its Lateral Admissions Qualifying Examination for prospective available slots of incoming Grades 8 and 9 students for the school year 2021-2022 starting June 15, 2021 until July 30, 2021. For inquiries, please contact the PSHS through their email address at email@example.com.
A student who has finished Grade 7 / Grade 8 (under the high school curriculum or the new K-12 curriculum) outside of the PSHS System may be allowed admission/entry to the PSHS, provided s/he fulfills the following requirements:
- a Filipino citizen with no pending application as an immigrant to any foreign country;
- belongs to the upper 5% of his/her class or should have a grade of 85% and above in all subjects;
- should have a character rating of at least Very Satisfactory (VS) or its equivalent; and
- must pass the qualifying examination in each of the following three (3) subjects:
- Communication Arts (English)
How to Apply
Interested applicants must submit the following on or before July 30, 2021, to the nearest PSHS Campus:
- an accomplished application form which includes certification from parents of no pending application for immigration in any foreign country (download the application forms here);
- certification from the present school enrolled in, regarding academic grades and character rating (included in the application forms);
- a photocopy of the student’s report card, with the original copy brought along for verification purposes;
- two (2) recent 1×1 pictures; and
- a non-refundable processing fee of Php 300.00.
The PSHS Campus Registrar will issue the Lateral Admissions Qualifying Examination Permit upon completion and evaluation of all requirements submitted by the applicant. The Permit shall clearly state the particulars regarding the schedule of the examination and the things to bring on examination day.