The DFA ePayment Portal is a new feature of the DFA Online Appointment System that enables passport applicants to prepay passport processing. Aside from the convenience it brings, the system encourages passport applicants to show up on their scheduled appointment dates. Additionally, the system eliminates one transaction step, significantly reducing processing time, thus the DFA consular offices will be able to accommodate more passport applications with the same amount of available resources.
On June 2018, the DFA- Aseana was the first to utilize the DFA ePayment portal for those who are renewing or applying for passports. The next launch was on July 2018 in NCR and the nationwide roll-out started on the first week of August 2018. Applicants can pay through participating payment centers nationwide and eventually through the use of credit and debit cards or through over-the-counter bank transactions.
DFA ePayment Guide
Applicants who are applying or renewing their Philippine ePassports in any DFA consular office are now required to pay in advance the passport processing fee using the DFA ePayment Portal. While it is a convenient way to pay, some people especially the older one will find it troublesome. That is why we created this step-by-step DFA ePayment guide to help people who are facing difficulties with this new payment system. Here it is:
Step 1: Schedule Your Appointment
Visit the online appointment portal at www.passport.gov.ph and schedule an appointment. Here’s how it’s done:
- Click the SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT link at the top of the page. A pop-up will appear then click the START APPOINTMENT button.
- Tick the Terms of Service box then click the START INDIVIDUAL APPOINTMENT link.
- Choose the DFA Consular Officer where you intend to apply or renew your passport.
- Choose your preferred appointment date and time.
- Fill out all the required information by providing the information being asked.
- Review all the information before submitting the application
- Choose your desired passport processing type (expedited or regular processing) before clicking PROCEED TO PAYMENT.
- Take note of the reference number that will be emailed to you.
Step 2: Pay the Processing Fee
Proceed to the payment center where you intend you pay the processing fee. Present the reference number at your preferred payment center and pay the corresponding fee depending on your chosen processing type. That reference number is universal, it is not specifically assigned to one (1) payment center only. You can use it to pay the processing fee in any authorized payment centers nationwide.
After payment, keep the receipt. You will need it later.
Step 3. Prepare the Requirements
A confirmed appointment packet will be sent to your email once the payment has been successfully processed. Click the link to your passport appointment packet and PRINT OUT the following contents that you need to bring with you during your scheduled appointment:
- Checklist with your indicated schedule;
- Confirmed Application Form with the bar code, appointment reference number (ARN), and eReceipt number;
- Two (2) copies of the eRECEIPT.
Step 4. Show Up on the Appointment Date and Time
Personally appear at your chosen DFA Consular Office on your appointment date and time. Bring a printed copy of your confirmed passport appointment packet and other required documents and IDs.
Just like the old manual payment system, the applicant will need to pay Php 950.00 for regular processing or Php 1200 for “express” processing. On top of the processing fee, the payment center will charge Php 50.00 as a convenience fee. Keep in mind that these fees are non-refundable. It means that any payment made will be forfeited if the applicant fails to show up during his/her appointment date.
Applicants can pay the ePassport processing fee through any of the following payment centers:
- Bayad Center
- Robinson’s Business Center and Department Stores
- Waltermart Department Store
- USCC (Western Union)
- Villarica Pawnshop
- Other Payment Centers, as well as the credit/debit card payment facility, will be made available soon.
If you have questions or concerns about the new DFA ePayment Portal, you can contact the DFA Helpdesk on telephone number (02) 234-3488 or email them at [email protected]