Do you want to be a soldier and serve our motherland? Here is your chance to join the Philippine Army and be an officer/enlisted personnel this 2020!
The Philippine Army through its Civil Relations Service recently announced on their Facebook page the need for additional 3,500 army personnel to beef up its forces in the ongoing campaign against terrorists and other lawless elements. If you are really interested in joining the Army and become a soldier, please read on.
If you intended to join the Army through its Officer Candidate Course (OCC), here are the qualifications:
- You must be a college graduate with a bachelor’s degree.
- Must be a natural-born Filipino
- 20 to 25 years of age upon admission (no age waiver);
- Single and never been married; never borne or sired a child;
- A height of not less than 5’0 ft. (152.4cm) both for male and female, but not more than 6’4” (193.04 cm);
- Of good moral character;
- Physically, mentally and psychologically fit for active military service (P1 profile);
- Armed Forces of the Philippines Service Aptitude Test(AFPSAT) raw score of 71 or higher;
- Must have passed other pre-entry written examinations given by the Philippine Army (Army Qualifying Exam (AQE) & Special Written Exam (SWE)); and
- Must pass the Physical Medical Exam and Physical Fitness Test conducted in the Philippine Army thru Philippine Army Officer Selection Committee Interview(PAOSC)
Download the application form for OCC here.
If you are planning to take the Candidate Soldier Course (CSC) and be an enlisted personnel, you must possess the following qualifications:
- Must be a natural-born Filipino citizen;
- With 72 units in college or if a high school graduate, must possess technical skills/talents needed by the AFP;
- At least 18 to 26 years old before the date of appointment as Candidate Soldier;
- At least 5’0” or 60 inches in height. Similarly, height waiver is no longer issued by the Command;
- Single and without a child;
- Of good moral character;
- AFPSAT score of at least 45;
- Must have passed the pre-qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Physical Medical Exam (PME);
- Physically and mentally fit for military training
Download the CSC application form here.
The Armed Forces of the Philippines Service Aptitude Test or AFPSAT is the pre-entry examination administered by the Army Recruitment Office. It is a basic requirement for every army aspirant to be able to join the Philippine Army, Air Force, or the Navy. To be qualified in taking the AFPSAT, the candidate must bring the following documents:
- Transcript of Record/Form 137 (Original and a photocopy)
- College Diploma (if any)
- Original Birth Certificate (NSO)
- Valid Identification Card
- 2×2 Picture
Where to Apply
If you think you are qualified to take the OCC or the CSC, apply to the Army Recruitment Office near you:
Army Recruitment Office – Luzon
Fort Bonifacio, Taguig City
For inquiries, please call these numbers:
Landline: (02) 845-9555 local 6843
Mobile: 0921 978-5548
Army Recruitment Office – Visayas
Camp Lapu-Lapu, Lahug, Cebu City
Landline: (032) 231-5157
Mobile: 0908 142-8544
Army Recruitment Office – Mindanao
Camp Evangelista, Cagayan De Oro City
Landline :(088) 850-5279 or (088) 350-2088
Interested aspirants may also inquire at the nearest Regional Community Defense Groups (RCDGs), and any Army Units listed below.
- Headquarters Philippine Army (Fort Bonifacio, Makati City)
- 5th Infantry Division (Gamu, Isabela)
- 7th Infantry Division ( Nueva Ecija)
- 1st RCDG ( Pangasinan)
- 3rd Infantry Division (Iloilo City)
- 8th Infantry Division (Catbalogan)
- 53rd Engineering Brigade (Cebu City)
- 1st Infantry Division (Zamboanga City)
- 4th Infantry Division (Cagayan de Oro)
- 6th Infantry Division (Cotabato City)
- 11 RCDG (Davao City)
Pay and Benefits
As a member of the Philippine Army, you’ll get good compensation and benefits comparable or even better than working in private companies. In addition, you will also enjoy job security because you will be working in the government. Here is the list of benefits while serving in the Philippine Army:
- Pay and allowances(Monthly Gross)
- Candidate Soldier – P15,765.00
- Private (Enlisted Personnel) – P29,668.00
- Officer Candidate – P33,665.00
- 2LT (Call to Active Duty) – P36,945.00
- Insurance and healthcare Benefits
- Billeting and housing privileges
- Job security
- Leadership and other skills training
- Opportunity for career advancement based on performance
- Opportunities for Postgraduate Studies both within the country and abroad
- An opportunity to lead in the Army
For more information, please visit the AFP Civil Relations Service website at www.afpcrs.com or inquire at the Philippine Army Recruitment Offices listed above or in any Army Units in your locality.
What are you waiting for? Pursue your dream and serve our nation!
Can I still join the Army, I’m 25 years old, turning 26 this October 29th.
pede parin po ba maging sundalo ang khit turning 29 na this coming october 31
i’m 28 years old turning 29 this october 31 pede prin ba akong maging sundalo
May I know in Bicol when the examination?