The Philippine National Police Academy is the premier public safety institution that hones the future leaders of the PNP, BJMP and the BFP. Created by Section 19 of the Presidential Decree 1184, it was established for the training and education of the members of the tri-bureau services of the Department of Interior and Local Government.
Admitted cadets will undergo the PNPA Cadetship Program, a government-sponsored 4-year tertiary education course. Upon entry to the Academy, the PNPA cadets will receive monthly pay and allowances for their training and education expenses. After graduation from the program, they will be granted a Bachelor of Science in Public Safety (BSPS) degree. Moreover, graduates are automatically appointed as a Police Lieutenant of the PNP, or as a Jail of the BJMP or a Fire Inspector of the BFP.
PNPACAT 2020 Schedule
The PNPA Cadet Admission Test is conducted yearly, every last Sunday of October or in the first week of November. For this year’s PNPACAT, the official date of the exam will be announced later. If you are interested and qualified to take the PNPACAT this year, the online application for BSPS Class of 2025 will open on July 6, 2020 and ends on October 31, 2020. As per PNPA, this year’s application will be 100% online only. Application sent through mail or courier will not be entertained and processed.
How to Apply
The PNPACAT online application requires the applicant to upload a scanned copy of the following in .jpg format:
- PSA Birth Certificate;
- Medical Certificate signed by a government physician Download Medical Certificate Template Here;
- A scanned photo of yourself for identification
*Please be reminded that these files should not exceed 20 MB in file size. Reduce the image size before uploading.
Once you have all the necessary documents, follow these simple steps to register:
- On a computer with a good internet connection, go http://pnpa.edu.ph/application/clregistration/ then provide the necessary information.
- Supply your personal email address and password. These information are your log-in details when getting into the application system.
- Fill up the online application form, upload the needed documents then click submit. Check the encoded data for any errors then click the Submit my Info as Final button.
- Check again your email for a confirmation email. If your application is approved, print out a copy of the notice of examination.
To be able to take the PNPACAT, an aspiring cadet must possess the following criteria listed below. We advise our readers to read this part. Please, do not submit your application if you are not qualified, you’ll just waste your time.
- The interested applicant must be a natural-born Filipino citizen;
- Must be 18-22 years old on May 1, 2021;
- Single and no child to support;
- At least Senior High School graduate upon admission;
- He or she must have a barefoot height of 5’4″ (162.5 cm) for male and 5’2″ (157.5 cm) for female;
- With a weight that corresponds to the applicant’s height, gender, and age in reference to Body Mass Index (BMI);
- Physically and mentally fit to undergo rigorous training;
- With good moral character (no criminal, administrative and civil derogatory record;
- With no pending complaint and/or case in court involving moral turpitude and other cases against the State;
- Not a former cadet of PNPA, or other service academies (PMA, PMMA, MAAP); and
- Never been dismissed from any private employment or government position for a cause;
Failure to meet just one of these initial requirements means disqualification from taking the PNPACAT and admission to the PNPA. Likewise, applicants who have any of the medical and dental conditions listed below are also disqualified:
- Under height and overweight or obese;
- Defective Visual Perception (e.g. color blindness, near-sighted/far-sighted with corrective eyeglasses or lens, nystagmus);
- Any physical deformities like bow-leggedness, missing or extra fingers/toes, and other birth defects;
- Hearing problems due to a perforated eardrum;
- Chronic sinusitis, bleeding tendencies, hemorrhoids, hernia (if not treated), varicocele, extensive skin disorders;
- History of heart disease, hypertension, asthma, active PTB, kidney and liver diseases, epileptic seizure disorders, major operations; communicable diseases (such as AIDS, Hepatitis, VD etc.);
- Full dentures, upper and lower, cleft lip and palate, malocclusion, deformities of the face, open bite, tongue-tied, missing of four (4) anterior or front teeth and missing of six (6) posterior/molar teeth;
- Tattoos or other brotherhood marks;
- Ear piercing for male and multiple ear piercing for female;
- For Females: Goiter; a history of pregnancy; the presence of breast mass; painful menstruation; and
- Any other similar defects which may affect the performance of the cadet in the program.
Successful examinees who passed the PNPACAT shall qualify for the next stage of screening which as follows:
- Physical Agility Test:
EXERCISES MALE FEMALE Pull-ups 3 N/A Full Arms Hanging N/A 45 seconds 2-Minute Push-Ups 25 25 2-Minute Sit-Ups 40 40 100-Meter Dash 18 seconds 20 seconds 3-Km Run 24 minutes 27 minutes
- Psychological and Psychiatric Examination (PPE);
- Physical, Medical and Dental Examination (PMDE); and,
- Panel Interview.
The applicant must pass the early stages of the screening as the said testing is sequential. Applicants who fail at an earlier stage will not be allowed to proceed to the next stage. Those who managed to pass all stages of admission will be appointed as PNPA cadets not later than May 1, 2021, as a member of Batch 2025.