The PNPA Cadet Admission Test (PNPACAT) or the popularly known as the PNPA Entrance Exam is the pre-qualifying test given to aspiring cadets of the Philippine National Police Academy. Do you want to know if you are qualified? Or you are looking for a free PNPACAT reviewer? Please read on to know the initial requirements and qualifications or you may try our online practice exams free of charge.
About the PNPA
The Philippine National Police Academy is the premier public safety institution that hones the future leaders of the PNP, BJMP and the BFP. Created by the Section 19 of the Presidential Decree 1184, it was established for the training and education of the members of the tri-services of the Department of Interior and Local Government.
Admitted cadets will undergo the PNPA Cadetship Program, a government-sponsored 4-year tertiary education course. Upon entry to the Academy, the PNPA cadets will receive monthly pay and allowances for their training and education expenses. After graduation from the program, they will be granted the Bachelor of Science in Public Safety (BSPS) degree. Moreover, graduates are automatically appointed as Police, Jail or Fire Inspector, a rank equivalent to a 1st Lieutenant of the AFP.
You may also read: How to Join the PNP Special Action Force
PNP Entrance Exam 2018 Schedule
The PNPA Cadet Admission Test is conducted yearly, on every last Sunday of October or in the first week of November. This year, it will be on October 28, 2018 in 28 examination centers nationwide. The deadline for application submission will be on September 24, 2018 at 5:00 PM. The examination results will be published in the third week of December 2018.
To be able to take the PNPA Entrance Exam, an aspiring cadet must possess the following criteria listed below. We advise our readers to read this part. Please, do not submit your application if you are not qualified, you’ll just waste your time.
- The interested applicant must be a natural-born Filipino citizen;
- Must be 18-22 years old on May 1, 2019;
- Single and no child to support;
- At least Senior High School graduate upon admission;
- He or she must have a barefoot height of 5’4″ (162.5 cm) for male and 5’2″ (157.5 cm) for female;
- With a weight that corresponds to the applicant’s height, gender, and age in reference to Body Mass Index (BMI);
- Physically and mentally fit to undergo a rigorous training;
- With good moral character (no criminal, administrative and civil derogatory record;
- With no pending complaint and/or case in court involving moral turpitude and other cases against the State;
- Not a former cadet of PNPA, or other service academies (PMA, PMMA, MAAP); and
- Never been dismissed from any private employment or government position for cause;
Failure to meet just one of these initial requirements means disqualification from taking the PNPA Entrance Exam and admission to the PNPA. Likewise, applicants who have any of the medical and dental conditions listed below are also disqualified:
- Under height and overweight or obese;
- Defective Visual Perception (e.g. color blindness, near-sighted/far-sighted with corrective eyeglasses or lens, nystagmus);
- Any physical deformities like bow-leggedness, missing or extra fingers/toes, and other birth defects;
- Hearing problems due to a perforated eardrum;
- Chronic sinusitis, bleeding tendencies, hemorrhoids, hernia (if not treated), varicocele, extensive skin disorders;
- History of heart disease, hypertension, asthma, active PTB, kidney and liver diseases, epileptic seizure disorders, major operations; communicable diseases (such as AIDS, Hepatitis, VD etc.);
- Full dentures, upper and lower, cleft lip and palate, malocclusion, deformities of the face, open bite, tongue-tied, missing of four (4) anterior or front teeth and missing of six (6) posterior/molar teeth;
- Tattoos or other brotherhood marks;
- Ear piercing for male and multiple ear piercing for female;
- For Females: Goiter; history of pregnancy; the presence of breast mass; painful menstruation; and
- Any other similar defects which may affect the performance of the cadet in the program.
PNPACAT Coverage and Reviewer
The 2018 PNPA Entrance Examinations will cover the following subject areas in the 200-items long examination:
Please be reminded that the result of the PNPACAT is competency-based. Meaning, the applicant must get a passing score or at least 50% of all subjects covered to qualify for the next step of application. If an applicant managed to get a passing score in the overall computation but failed in one subject area, he or she will not advance to the next phase of screening.
To help you pass the exam and achieve the required score in any subject, we compiled questions from various online sources into a reviewer. To access our free online reviewer, please follow the links on the corresponding subject areas listed above. As much as we try to keep this reviewer as accurate as possible, TOPNOTCHER PH makes no guarantees about the veracity and accuracy of the information it provides. If you found errors or parts that need corrections, please contact us thru the comments below.
How to Apply
If you think you have all the criteria stated above, this part is for you. This is the step by step process on how to submit your application to take the upcoming 2018 PNPA Cadet Admission Test. Please follow the instructions carefully, as the incomplete entries in the application form are grounds for disqualification.
1. Download the application form from the official PNPA website or from online sources. Either the old or the new application form will suffice. Print the application form on a bond paper(back to back).
2. Fill-out the form carefully and neatly. Make sure to write legibly and avoid any erasures. Proofread it to make sure no entries are left blank such as address, signature, birthdate, and the likes.
3. Submit the duly accomplished application form with an attached photocopy of PSA/NSO birth certificate, through prepaid express mails (LBC, JRS,2GO, etc.) to this address:
The Director (Attn: Registrar)
Philippine National Police Academy
Camp General Mariano N. Castañeda
Silang, Cavite 4118.
4. The qualified applicants for the PNPA Entrance Exam shall receive notices or permits for the said examination any day from September to October 2018. If you failed to receive the permit from the PNPA Registrar, check your name at the official website or FB page of the PNPA. If you are included in the list, proceed to the examination center or venue posted on the website on the date of examination.
5. Please bring the following items on examination day:
- Two 2×2 pictures on a white background with a nametag;
- Pencils (Number 2);
- Rubber erasers and;
- At least two valid identification cards (ID).
7. Examinees must wear the prescribed attire during the examination: for males, shirts with a collar in any color and maong pants or slacks. For female applicants, skirts and dress are allowed. Wearing of sando, shorts, slippers or sandals are prohibited during the examination.
The PNPA CAT online form requires the applicant to upload a scanned copy of the following in PDF file:
- PSA Birth Certificate
- Medical Certificate signed by a government physician Download Medical Certificate Template Here
- If the applicant is a member of Indigenous People, Certificate of Confirmation (COC) issued by the National Commission on Indigenous Peoples (NCIP)
- For applicants applying for exemption (w/ highest honors), Certification of Honor from his/her School/ College/ University
The online application portal is accessible thru this link – pnpa.edu.ph/online-application/web.
Successful examinees who passed the PNPACAT shall qualify for the next stage of screening which as follows:
- Physical Agility Test:
EXERCISES MALE FEMALE Pull-ups 3 N/A Full Arms Hanging N/A 45 seconds 2-Minute Push-Ups 25 25 2-Minute Sit-Ups 40 40 100-Meter Dash 18 seconds 20 seconds 3-Km Run 24 minutes 27 minutes
- Psychological and Psychiatric Examination (PPE);
- Physical, Medical and Dental Examination (PMDE); and,
- Panel Interview.
The applicant must pass the early stages of the screening as the said testing is sequential. Applicants who fail at an earlier stage will not be allowed to proceed to the next stage. Those who managed to pass all stages of admission will be appointed as PNPA cadets not later than May 1, 2019, as a member of Batch 2023.