The Philippine National Police Academy is the premier public safety institution that hones the future leaders of the PNP, BJMP, and the BFP. Created by Section 19 of Presidential Decree 1184, it was established for the training and education of the members of the tri-bureau services of the Department of Interior and Local Government.
Admitted cadets will undergo the PNPA Cadetship Program, a government-sponsored 4-year tertiary education course. Upon entry to the Academy, the PNPA cadets will receive monthly pay and allowances for their training and education expenses. After graduation from the program, they will be granted a Bachelor of Science in Public Safety (BSPS) degree. Moreover, graduates are automatically appointed as Police Lieutenants of the PNP, Jail Inspectors of the BJMP, or Fire Inspectors of the BFP.
PNPACAT 2023 Schedule
According to the PNPA Official Facebook page, the online application for the 2023 PNPA Cadet Admission Test will start on January 20, 2023 at 5:00 PM and will run until July 30, 2023. The examination will be on August 2023 (subject to the approval of the CPNP). Please stay tuned for more updates.
How to Apply
The PNPA Entrance Exam online application requires the applicant to upload the following documentary requirements:
- Scanned copy of your PSA Birth Certificate (keep your official receipt because you may need this in other phases in case you passed the exam);
- Scanned copy of the PNPA BMI form signed by a licensed Physician (government or private);
- A scanned copy of one (1) passport-sized (4.5cm x 3.5cm) ID picture with a name tag.
*Please be reminded that these files should not exceed 20 MB in file size. Reduce the image size before uploading.
Once you have all the necessary documents, follow these simple steps to register:
1. Create an Account
You will start your PNPA Cadetship journey by creating an account on their online application portal. On a computer with a good internet connection, go to the PNPA Application website (https://application.pnpa.edu.ph/registration.html).
For New Applicants
- You will see the Welcome page of the application portal. Click the red button if you are a new applicant. Click the Privacy Notice tick-box then click the Continue button.
- Confirm that you are qualified to apply for the 2022 PNPACAT then click the continue button.
- This link will take you to the REGISTRATION page. This is for first-time applicants only. Simply follow the directions at the top of each segment and continue. In the subsequent sections, you will be required to provide your name, address, gender, date of birth, and account details, which you will use to access your account.
- A pop-up window will appear confirming that you successfully created an account. Take note of the application number that is created. This will be used for account identification. Then, you will be prompted to select between logging in immediately or later. A picture may also appear if a mistake occurs during registration. It will indicate when numerous applications with identical information are registered.
For Old Applicants
If you already applied for the previous PNPA Entrance Exam but were not accepted, click the gray button to log in. Enter your registered email address and the corresponding password that you used during the registration process.
2. Provide the Required Information/Documents
You will then be redirected to a page that consists of sections. At this point, you will be required to enter your educational information, medical information, and indigenous profile, among other requirements. Use the drop-down button if needed.
- Fill out the required information. Choose your preferred testing center, and upload the scanned copies of your PSA Birth Certificate, Passport-Sized Picture, and Accomplished BMI Form.
- At this stage, clicking FINALIZE will submit your information as TRUE AND CORRECT. This will also lock your account to prevent future access. If you wish to recheck your inputs, please click “PREVIOUS”.
3. Finalized your Application
You’ll be taken to a new page if you clicked FINALIZE. Please remember to keep a record of the security code which must not be disclosed to anyone. The PNPA is currently working on a portal that will allow you to see the status of your application for this year.
At this point, your application is complete and the PNPA will tell you via the contact information that you provided. The portal will now lock your account to prevent changes/editing of your submitted data.
To be able to take the PNPACAT, an aspiring cadet must possess the following criteria listed below. We advise our readers to read this part. Please, do not submit your application if you are not qualified, you’ll just waste your time.
Unlike the previous PNPACAT, those senior high school graduates with Highest Honors as well as college graduates with Latin awards are no longer exempted from taking the PNPACAT.
- The interested applicant must be a natural-born Filipino citizen;
- Must not be more than 22 years old or less than 18 years old upon admission. Those applicants who will be 23 years old or have not reached 18 years old by June 1, 2024 are disqualified;
- Single and no child to support;
- At least a Senior High School (SHS) Graduate and/or has satisfactorily complied with all the requirements for graduation before July 30, 2024
- Pursuant to Republic Act (RA) 11549, male and female aspirants of 5’2” and 5’0 in height, respectively may now apply for the PNPACAT 2023. No need for a height waiver.
- With a weight that corresponds to the applicant’s height, gender, and age in reference to Body Mass Index (BMI);
- Physically and mentally fit to undergo rigorous training;
- With good moral character (no criminal, administrative or civil derogatory record);
- With no pending complaint and/or case in court involving moral turpitude and other cases against the State;
- Not a former cadet of PNPA, or other service academies (PMA, PMMA, MAAP); and
- Never been dismissed from any private employment or government position for a cause;
Related: PNPACAT 2023 Reviewer with Answer Key
Failure to meet just one of these initial requirements means disqualification from taking the PNPACAT and admission to the PNPA. Likewise, applicants who have any of the medical and dental conditions listed below are also disqualified:
- Under height and overweight or obese;
- Defective Visual Perception (e.g. color blindness, near-sighted/far-sighted with corrective eyeglasses or lens, nystagmus);
- Any physical deformities like bow-leggedness, missing or extra fingers/toes, and other birth defects;
- Hearing problems due to a perforated eardrum;
- Chronic sinusitis, bleeding tendencies, hemorrhoids, hernia (if not treated), varicocele, extensive skin disorders;
- History of heart disease, hypertension, asthma, active PTB, kidney and liver diseases, epileptic seizure disorders, major operations; communicable diseases (such as AIDS, Hepatitis, VD etc.);
- Full dentures, upper and lower, cleft lip and palate, malocclusion, deformities of the face, open bite, tongue-tied, missing of four (4) anterior or front teeth, and missing of six (6) posterior/molar teeth;
- Tattoos or other brotherhood marks;
- Ear piercing for males and multiple ear piercing for females;
- For Females: Goiter; a history of pregnancy; the presence of breast mass; painful menstruation; and
- Any other similar defects which may affect the performance of the cadet in the program.
Successful examinees who passed the PNPACAT shall qualify for the next stage of screening which is as follows:
- Physical Agility Test:
EXERCISES MALE FEMALE Pull-ups 3 N/A Full Arms Hanging N/A 45 seconds 2-Minute Push-Ups 25 25 2-Minute Sit-Ups 40 40 100-Meter Dash 18 seconds 20 seconds 3-Km Run 24 minutes 27 minutes
- Psychological and Psychiatric Examination (PPE);
- Physical, Medical, and Dental Examination (PMDE); and,
- Panel Interview.
The applicant must pass the early stages of the screening as the said testing is sequential. Applicants who fail at an earlier stage will not be allowed to proceed to the next step. Those who managed to pass all stages of admission will be appointed as PNPA cadets no later than May 1, 2024, as a member of PNPA Class of 2027.
Good evening maam/sir permission to speak I want to join PNPA cadetship program because i am interested for this opportunity
Pwede po ba na NSO birth certificate ang gamitin?
Pwede po ba mag apply kung sa june 27, 2023 pa po ako mag 18?
Good afternoon maam/sir paano po mag apply
Good evng ma’am /sir paano po qng may butas Ang tainga but elementary p un nabutansan at nag hilom n ok lng b?