For those who would want to become part of the Cadet Corps Armed Forces of the Philippines and later on serve as one of the leaders of the AFP, he/she may take the Philippine Military Academy entrance examination (PMAEE). The PMAEE is the first step in the selection process to become a cadet in the most prestigious leadership school in the country today. If you think you have all the qualifications below to become an officer of the armed forces, then this post is for you. Please read on.
PMA Entrance Exam 2021 Schedule
The PMA has yet to announce the official schedule of the PMAEE 2021 to those who are interested to join the PMA Class of 2026. If our current COVID-19 situation improves, the PMA MAY administer the exam in August or September 2021. Please stay tuned for further announcements.
Here are the qualifications and requirements to become a cadet in the PMA:
- Natural Born Filipino Citizen.
- Physically fit and of good moral character.
- Single and has never been married nor pregnant nor have a legal obligation to support a child or children.
- Must pass the PMA Entrance Examination.
- No Administrative / Criminal Case.
- At least High School Graduate with at least 85% GPA
- Height Requirement for both Male and Female is 5 feet (not to exceed 6’4″ for both).
- At least 17 years old but not a day older than 22 years on the reporting date.
Applicants who are currently in Grade 11 are not qualified to take the exam while those who are currently in Grade 12 are qualified to take it if they will graduate before June 1, 2022.
How to Apply
Update: The registration for the PMA Entrance Examination 2021 is still closed. Please wait for further annoucements.
Here are the things you need to do as the first steps of your future military career:
1. Go to the Cadet Application System portal through https://admission.pma.ph using a browser of your choice and preferably a laptop/desktop computer with a good internet connection.
2. If you already have an account, log-in to the system using your login credentials, otherwise create an account. To create one, click the sign-up button (pencil icon) on the upper-right corner of the screen. Fill out the spaces with the required information then click the next button to continue. Please provide a valid and active email address when signing up.
3. After doing so, the system will send you a verification code to the email you provided. Paste it in the box with the label “Verification Code” to complete your application. You will be automatically logged in after submitting the correct verification code.
4. Provide the necessary information like personal details, educational background, requirements, and survey. Fill-up the online application form then upload the scanned copies of your PSA Birth Certificate and High School Form 137 or 138. These files must be in either PDF or JPEG format. Uploaded PDF files must not exceed 20MB per file while the JPEG ones must not exceed 1MB in size. Please be mindful of the size of your files because any excess in file size will invalidate your attaching process.
After completing all the requirements, you will be notified that your application is in the validation process.
5. The PMA’s Office of the Cadet Admission will now evaluate your application to determine if you are qualified to take the PMAEE 2021.
6. Once approved, they will send you a notification in your account that you can download your Exam Permit. If you are disapproved, you will likewise receive a note stating the reason why you got disqualified.
7. Download and print your exam permit. Bring it to the examination center on the day of the examination. Do not forget to bring this document. You will not be allowed to take the exam without the permit.
- Any communicable disease
- Physical deformities
- Other medical conditions as determined by the AFP Medical Board
PMA Entrance Exam 2021 Coverage
Like the past examinations, this year’s PMAEE will also cover the following subject areas:
- Algebra and Geometry
- Reading and Comprehension
- Verbal Reasoning
- Numerical Reasoning
- Pattern Analysis.
You may start to review at least 3 months before the scheduled examination date. Gather as many review materials as you can or look for free PMA Entrance Exam reviewers. They will help you hurdle this first step of your PMA career.
What to do if I passed the PMAEE?
Applicants who passed the PMAEE will be notified by the Office of Cadet Admission (OCA) through the mail, newspapers and website announcement. The OCA will also inform the applicant of the date of his/her physical examination.
Report to AFP Medical Center (formerly V. Luna) for medical, dental, and neuropsychiatric examination. They will also give further instructions on the next step of the application process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the most asked questions about the PMA Entrance Examination taken from the official Facebook page of the Philippine Military Academy.
Question: I applied to take the exam at a particular center. Can I take the exam at another center?
Answer: YES, go to the center on examination day and inform the proctor about your circumstances.
Question: Is there a limit to how many times I can take the exam?
Answer: NONE, so long as you meet the requirements.
Question: I applied online and by mail but I did not receive a permit or notice?
Answer: Check the master list for validated applicants to verify if you are qualified to take the exam. If you are not on the list and you think you are qualified, contact the Office of the Cadet Admission. If you are on the list, proceed to the exam center on examination day. (Note: For this year’s PMAEE, the master list for validated applicants will be posted by mid-June, which will be updated every week, thereafter.)
Question: What are the things I should bring during the exam day?
Answer: A photocopy of your PSA Birth Certificate and Grades, 2 x 2 ID Picture, a valid ID (preferably school/driver’s license), and at least 2 pencils ( no. 2)
Question: I did not apply by mail or online, can I go straight to the exam center on exam day?
Answer: YES, but you will be the last priority. Priority will be given to regular applicants. Proctors usually bring only a limited number of exam materials.
Question: How much is the fee to take the exam?
Answer: NO FEES. The exam is FREE.
Question: How should I prepare for the exam?
Answer: Prepare for the examination covering Algebra and Geometry; Grammar, Composition, and Reading Comprehension; and, Verbal/Numerical Reasoning and Pattern Analysis.
Question: How long is the exam?
Answer: On examination day, the whole morning (7:00 AM to 11:00 AM) will be for administrative aspects of the exam (fill up forms, limited physical examination, etc). The exam proper will start at exactly 12:00 noon and will last up to 4:30 P.M.
Benefits of Being a Cadet
Successful applicants will be granted a free 4-year college education with a well-rounded curriculum, receive a stipend while studying, and progressive career as an officer of the Philippine Army, Philippine Navy, or Philippine Air Force.
For more information and inquiries, please contact the following:
Office of the Cadet Admission
Philippine Military Academy
Fort del Pilar, Baguio City
Tel Nos. (074)446-8002 / 447-3690 / 447-3292 / 447-3686 local: 6551 or 6545
Telefax. (074) 447-2825
Mobile Phone Nos. (0906) 546 6989/ (0919) 068 0877/ (0919) 068 0878.