The Civil Service Commission (CSC) announced that interested applicants for the 2018 Penology Officer Examination may file their application from February 26, 2018, until April 27, 2018, only. The examination is open to all interested individuals and incumbents of positions in the Penology services.
Penology Officer Exam Schedule
The Civil Service Commision, in coordination with the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology, will conduct the Penology Officer Examination (POE) for 2018 on June 24, 2018. The application period starts on February 26, 2018, and ends on April 27, 2018. Applicants are advised to submit their applications early as the slots are limited and will be on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis. The said examination will be administered by the CSC in the following venues:
|Name of Examination||Date||Venue|
|Penology Officer Examination||June 24, 2018||To be announced|
Qualifications and Requirements
The CSC sets a list of qualifications that all applicants must strictly follow. Here are the things you must have to qualify for the 2018 Penology Officer Examination:
- He or she must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be a Baccalaureate degree holder from a government-recognized institution;
- Physically and mentally fit;
- of good moral character;
- No criminal record, must not have been convicted of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
- and have not been dishonorably discharged from military service or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government.
- The applicant must be 21 to 30 years old at the time of filing of applications;
- At least 5’4″ in height for male and 5’2″ for female
Applicants who successfully passed the examination shall be granted the Penology Officer Eligibility which is a second-level eligibility. He or she shall qualify for a second level rank under the uniformed service in the jail management and penology services of the government.
For applicants who are already Board or Bar passers are automatically granted the second-level eligibility pursuant to RA 1080. Similarly, passers of Civil Service Examination-Professional and those with Honor Graduate Eligibility under P.D. 907 may opt not to take the exam anymore.
Application Requirements and Guide
Go to the Civil Service Commission Regional/Field Office near you and submit all the following documents:
- A fully accomplished Civil Service Examination Form – CS Form No. 100 ( Revised September 2016)
- Original and photocopy of your valid ID. To know more about the list of accepted ID’s, check this out: CSC List of Accepted IDs
- Four (4) pcs. Philippine Passport size pictures. To guide you on this requirement, you may follow this FOE Exam guide. The FOE and POE share the same picture requirements.
- An examination fee of seven-hundred pesos (Php 700.00)
Upon the submission of the requirements and the payment of the fee, the CSC personnel shall give you the receipt and examination slip. Weeks before the exam, the CSC shall inform you the exam venue through the Online Notice of School Assignment or ONSA. It will be available at the CSC Official website two weeks before the exam.
POE Passing Grade
Applicants who managed to obtain a general rating of at least 80.00 will pass the exam. He or she will be given the Penology Officer Eligibility equivalent to the Civil Service Commission Second-Level Eligibility. The Penology Officer Eligibility is one of the primary requirements to join the Bureau of Jail Management and Penology as a Jail Officer 1.