The Bureau of Jail Management and Penology (BJMP) announced that they are hiring Jail Officers nationwide for its 2020 Regular Quota. It is an opportunity for young professionals who wish to pursue a career in government service particularly in the jail management profession. Likewise, being a jail officer is a unique opportunity where you can help people behind bars to become better persons while enjoying a decent and secure job.
How to Apply
The application for Jail Officer 1 for 2020 is now ongoing until announced otherwise. Interested applicants may follow our step-by-step BJMP application guide. You can access the guide here:
BJMP Step-by-Step Application Guide
Interested applicants must possess the following minimum qualifications before securing an appointment as a Jail Officer 1 in the BJMP:
- He or she must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must be a person of good moral character;
- Passed the drug test, Neuro-Psychiatric, and medical examinations;
- Physically and mentally fit for training;
- The applicant must be a bachelor’s degree holder from a government-recognized school;
- Must have passed the Penology Officer Examination or an equivalent 2nd-Level Eligibility ( RA 1080, CSC-Professional, P.D. No. 907);
- No records of being dishonorably discharged from any government position or private employment;
- He or she must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude;
- Not less than 21 nor more than 30 years old*;
- At least 5’4″ and 5’2″ in height for male and female, respectively*;
- Must weigh no more or less than five kilograms (5kgs) from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex.
*Age and height waivers will be automatically granted to applicants belonging to cultural communities as certified by NCIP or NCMF.
Requirements for JO1 Applicants
- Fully accomplished Personal Data Sheet (PDS) with recent passport-sized picture (CS Form No. 212, Revised 2017)
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by the PSA
- Authenticated Diploma
- Authenticated Transcript of Records
- Authenticated Certificate of Eligibility or Board Rating (w/ photocopy of PRC ID)
- . Photocopy of Marriage Certificate (PSA) – for married applicants
- Photocopy of NBI Clearance
- Photocopy of Police Clearance
- Photocopy of Barangay Clearance
- Photocopies of Court clearances (Office of the Prosecutor, MTC, and RTC)
- Photocopy of NCIP/NCMF Certificate (if necessary)
Jail Officer 1 Salary and Benefits
As a uniformed personnel serving in the jail management service, you are entitled to Salary Grade 10 or monthly base pay of P29,668. In addition to the monthly salary, you shall receive longevity pay, monthly provisional allowance, medical and dental benefits, and hazard pay.