An RTC clearance is a certification issued by the Regional Trial Court (RTC) in the Philippines, specifically by the Office of the Clerk of Court where the requesting party resides. This document serves as proof that the individual has no pending legal issues or cases within the court’s jurisdiction. It is often required by employers, institutions, and even government uniformed services like PNP and BJMP to verify an applicant’s background.
Without further ado, here are the requirements and steps on how to obtain an RTC clearance in the Philippines.
Requirements for RTC Clearance
To obtain an RTC clearance, you have to secure the following documents first before heading to the RTC:
- Community Tax Certificate (CTC) or Cedula: Depending on your location, you may obtain this document from either the municipal or city hall or some barangay halls.
- Original copy of the Barangay Clearance: To obtain this document, you need to reside in the same barangay for a minimum of three to six months. The Barangay secretary will issue it to you with the Barangay Captain’s signature and the Barangay’s Official Seal. The document will be valid for six months from the date of issue. To help you get a barangay clearance, you can follow this guide: How to Get A Barangay Clearance: 2023 Updated Guide
- Documentary stamp: This is available at the office of the Clerk of Court. You can also get this from BIR.
- Police Clearance: Obtain this from the police station near you. To get one, please follow this guide: How to Get a Police Clearance.
- MTC Clearance: Go to your Municipal Trial Court for this clearance.
Before you apply, you should check with the RTC in your area about the documents they require. Not all RTCs need these documents for their clearance applications.
How to Get an RTC Clearance
You can easily obtain an RTC clearance if you have all the requirements ready. Not many companies and institutions ask for this clearance, so you will likely find short queues of applicants at the RTC.
- Go to the Office of the Clerk of Court (OCC) of the Regional Trial Court which has jurisdiction over the area where you live. It is usually located on the provincial capitol premises. You can also use this court locator from the Supreme Court website to help you locate one near you.
- When you arrive at the court, you can ask the guard or any court employee for directions to the window where you can apply for an RTC clearance. They will guide you to the place where you can submit your requirements.
- They will hand you a form and a list of requirements. Fill out the request form with all the required information and the purpose of the clearance.
- Submit the form with all the requirements. Pay for the clearance fee, which is around PHP 60.00.
- You will receive your RTC clearance after a short wait. The processing time may vary depending on the number of applicants, but it usually takes no more than 30 minutes.
An RTC clearance is a useful document that can prove your good standing in the court. To get one, you need to prepare some requirements. You also need to visit the RTC, which covers your area of residence. The process is simple and fast, and the fee is affordable. An RTC clearance can help you with your employment, education, or other purposes that require a clean record. Good luck!