UPDATE as of March 13, 2020:
Please be informed that the processing of applicants and conduct of nationwide qualifying examination for the Philippine Air Force Officer Candidate and Candidate Soldier is TEMPORARILY SUSPENDED effective March 13, 2020, due to the threat of COVID-19. This is also in compliance to the announcement of the Commander-in-Chief, President Rodrigo Roa Duterte to avoid mass gathering.
The PAF will be posting an announcement with regard to the said examination once the situation becomes stable.
The Philippine Air Force through its official Facebook page announced the conduct of the pre-entry examinations for applicants who are interested to join the Air Force this 2020. In line with its efforts to strengthen its force and add additional manpower to man its incoming new air assets, the PAF is now looking for young and qualified individuals who will join the PAF Officer Candidate Course (PAFOCC) Class 2021 and Candidate Soldier (CS) for Basic Military Training (BMT) Class 2020 Bravo.
The pre-entry exam for the PAF Officer Candidate Course (PAFOCC) and Candidate Soldier Course Class 2021 will be conducted starting March 3 to March 31, 2020, at the different examination areas nationwide.
AFPSAT and PAFGCT
There are two qualifying examinations you have to pass to join the PAFOC or the BMT courses, namely, Armed Forces of the Philippines Service Aptitude Test (AFPSAT) and the Philippine Air Force General Classification Test (PAFGCT). The AFPSAT is applicable for all the branches of the AFP and has a validity of 3 years. If you have passed the AFPSAT from any of the AFP services, just bring your valid AFPSAT Individual Result Form. You do not have to take the AFPSAT anymore. The PAFGCT, on the other hand, must be taken every time you apply.
Those who passed the qualifying examinations will be ranked according to their scores for the two qualifying examinations. Top applicants will advance to the next phase of the screening process which is Physical Fitness Test (PFT).
The passing score of PAFOCC Applicants for AFPSAT is 71 out of 150 and PAFGCT is 60 out of 120. For the CS applicants the passing score is 48 out of 150 and 42 out of 120 for AFPSAT and PAFGCT, respectively.
PAF Exams Schedule 2020
The Philippine Air Force will conduct the nationwide Qualifying Examinations for the Philippine Air Force Officer Candidate Course (PAFOCC) Class 2021 and PAF Basic Military Training (Candidate Soldiers) Class 2020B to all Major PAF Bases on the following dates and venues:
You may also read this: How to Become a Pilot in the Philippine Air Force
Requirements and Qualifications
The steps to becoming a part of the Philippine Air Force are: submit your application, take the pre-entry exam for the PAFOCC/BMT and pass it, then you’ll undergo training. But before you do it even the first step, you must first meet all these requirements and qualifications:
- You must be a natural-born citizen of the Republic of the Philippines.
- of good moral character
- Must be single, never been married and never borne nor sired a child.
- Must have a barefoot height of not less than 152.4 centimeters or 5.0′ for both male and female*
- Physically and mentally fit for military training
*Indigenous people or member must submit certification from the National Commission on Indigenous People Main Office.
The applicants for the PAF Officer Candidate School must possess the following requirements and qualifications:
- Age- not less than twenty-one (21) nor more than twenty-nine (29) years old upon admission for training on September 14, 2020.
- Must be a 4 or 5-year college graduate and holds a Baccalaureate Degree or at least graduating this current semester.
Candidate Soldier Course:
For the Candidate Soldiers who will take the Basic Military Training, here are the requirements:
- Age: must not be less than 18 years old or a day older than 26 years old upon appointment on August 17, 2020.
- K to 12 graduate or at least 72 College units. Completers of Alternative Learning System (ALS) who passed the Accreditation and Equivalency (A & E Test) High School Level must have at least 72 Units in College or a graduating student of K-12 to be qualified for Candidate Soldier.
Here are the initial requirements you must prepare and submit for the application for examination:
- An accomplished application form. (Download PAF Exam 2020 Application)
- Original and authenticated photocopies of PSA-issued birth certificate
- Transcript of Records (original and authenticated photocopy)
- Diploma (original and authenticated photocopy)
- 2 pcs latest 2×2 ID in white background
- Certification from the School Registrar (if an applicant is a graduating student)
- Photocopy of AFPSAT Individual Result Form (IRF) – only for applicants who previously passed the AFPSAT with valid IRF until March 31, 2020.
How to Apply
The Philippine Air Force will be accepting applicants for PAF Officer Candidate Course (PAFOCC) Class 2021 and Candidate Soldier (CS) for Basic Military Training (BMT) Class 2020 Bravo starting March 2, 2020 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Weekdays only). Applicants may process their applications at the Examination Centers or at the designated Processing Centers listed above. Please note that not all examination centers are processing centers. You can coordinate with them first and ask if they are accepting applications for the examination. The online registration is not applicable at this time. You need to personally submit your application to a processing center near you and obtain the examination permit from the processor.
Depending on circumstances, you may be given the chance to take the exam on the day you proceed to the processing center if it is also an examination center and if the conduct of the examination is ongoing at the particular center. Otherwise, you will be advised to go back on another date.
Bring your examination permit and 2 valid IDs on your scheduled date of examination. You may also bring your NBI Clearance or Police Clearance in lieu of valid IDs in case you do not have any. Please wear proper attire. For PAFOCC applicants, wear a white plain polo shirt, maong pants (any color) and any closed shoes (any color rubber shoes or leather shoes, strictly no wearing of slippers and sandals). For CS Applicants you must wear a white plain T-Shirt, Maong pants (any color) and any closed shoes.
Minimum Requirements for Physical Fitness Test
Please refer to the table below for the requirements to pass the physical fitness test. Category I is for test-takers under 21 years old, II is for 22-22, and III is for 27-28 years old.
|Category I||Category II||Category III|
|PUSH UP (2 Minutes)||31 reps||30 reps||28 reps|
|SIT UP (2 Minutes)||37 reps||36 reps||35 reps|
|3.2 Km Run||18:14 mins||18:44 mins||20:14 mins|
|Category I||Category II||Category III|
|PUSH UP (2 Minutes)||13 reps||11 reps||9 reps|
|SIT UP (2 Minutes)||24 reps||23 reps||22 reps|
|3.2 Km Run||20:14 mins||21:14 mins||22:59 mins|
Do you have what it takes to become an officer or an airman in the Philippine Air Force? Take the first step to achieve your dream.