In 2006, PHINMA Foundation Inc. (PFI) established The PHINMA National Scholarship (PNS) to commemorate PHINMA Corporation’s 50th anniversary. In keeping with its mission of improving lives through education and nation-building, the program’s objective is to develop not just professionals, but future leaders. The PNS is regarded as PFI’s flagship program. PHINMA hopes to demonstrate its commitment to education through this program by producing globally competitive young Filipinos and providing opportunities to the country’s economically disadvantaged but talented youth. Aside from financial assistance, PNS is also a leadership development program, preparing scholars to be academically excellent, field leaders, and professionals who contribute to the country’s economic and social development
How to Apply
The PHINMA Foundation Inc. is now accepting applicants for SY 2021-2022. You can submit your application and requirements until August 21, 2021 only. To apply, please follow this link: https://bit.ly/PHINMAApplication
Prepare the digital copies of the following requirements. You will be required to upload once you answer the online application form.
1. Statement of financial income.
- For applicants with employed parents, upload any of the following
- latest 1 month payslip
- or, latest Income Tax Return or BIR Form 2316 (W2), if available
- For applicants with unemployed parents, upload the following:
- certificate of non-filing of ITR
- Utility bills (e.g. electric, water or telephone) for the last 3 months
2. Copy of Official transcript of Records from Senior High School attended, or Grade 11 & 12 Form 138
3. One proof of enrollment (e.g. class schedule/enrollment O.R./registration form, etc.)
AND/OR any proof of passing the entrance exam (e.g. Letter of Acceptance)
4. 1 copy of 2×2 ID picture with white background taken within the last 6 months
5. 1 minute application video (with clear video and audio)
- Applicant should answer the following:
- Who are you and why do you deserve to become a PNS Scholar?
- How do you make lives better?
6. Applicants from the University of Pangasinan must coordinate with the Center for Student Development and Leadership.
The following may be eligible to apply for the PHINMA National Scholarship Program:
- A Filipino citizen
- Has been accepted to the following universities:
- Philippine Normal University
- University of the Philippines Diliman
- Polytechnic University of the Philippines
- University of Pangasinan
- In need of financial assistance (with supporting documents)
- Does not have an immediate relative under the PNS scholarship or alumni of PNS
Qualified applicants must go through the selection process.
The scholarship is awarded to students enrolled in the following schools and courses:
Philippine Normal University-Manila
Education degree with specialization in the fields of:
- Social Science
- Early Childhood
- Information Technology Education
University of the Philippines – Diliman
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Electronics and Communications Engineering
Polytechnic University of the Philippines – Sta. Mesa
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
University of Pangasinan
- Must already be a UPang PHINMA scholar
- Bachelor of Education
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
- Engineering courses
Benefits of PHINMA Scholars
The PHINMA National Scholarship is a full scholarship and leadership development program for college students. The program consists of three components:
The financial assistance provided by the program is supported by the PHINMA Group of Companies and the Adopt-A-Scholar Program. The grant enables our scholars to have access to quality education programs.
A PNS Scholar is entitled to the following privileges:
- 100% financial assistance on tuition and fees for the normal length of a particular course (Fees may also be offset by other scholarships)
- Monthly allowance of Php 3,000
- Annual book allowance of Php 2,000
- Annual uniform allowance of Php 1,500
- Additional professional development allowance of Php 3,000
- Financial assistance for board exams review
- Participation in PHINMA Leadership and Mentorship Program
Through the Big Brother and Big Sister Program, members of the PHINMA Family mentor and guide scholars. This program is a part of the PHINMA HERO initiative. Volunteers for the program range from top management to staff members. The volunteers meet with the scholars on a regular basis as part of the program to guide their personal and professional development.
The program is committed to forming each scholar by providing supplemental workshops and on-the-job trainings, alternative learning experiences, and opportunities for service and volunteerism.