The Professional Regulatory Board for Social Workers through the Professional Regulation Commission announced the dates of filing of the application and the exam for the 2018 Social Workers Licensure Examination. The said examination will be conducted in different testing centers particularly in the cities of Metro Manila, Zamboanga, and all the regional PRC offices nationwide.
When is the start of filing of application?
The opening of the online processing for the 2018 Social Workers Board Exam will be on April 25, 2018. The deadline for submission of application will be on June 25, 2018.
Exam Date and Coverage
The Social Workers Licensure Examination will be conducted by the Professional Regulatory Board for Social Workers on July 25-26, 2018 at various testing centers nationwide. It will cover the following subject areas and their corresponding weight on the overall score:
You may also read: PRC ID Renewal Guide
|Human Behavior and Social Environment||20%|
|Social Welfare Policies, programs, and Services||20%|
| Social Work Practice
To qualify for the 2018 Social Workers Board Examination, a would-be examinee must be a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Social Work and must have the following documentary requirements:
- NSO or PSA Birth Certificate in security paper.
- For married female applicants, please secure a copy of marriage contract from NSO or the PSA.
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”
- Submit a certificate that you had finished 1,000 case hours signed by a Registered Social Worker with an updated ID.
Aside from the documentary requirements, please secure a payment of Php 900.00 for the processing fee.
Important Instructions for Examinees
- The PRC will release the building and school assignments 2 to 3 working days before the date of examination. You may check or verify the assignments at the PRC official website or through the announcements posted in the PRC premises.
- Go to your school/building assignment as early as possible. On the first days of the examination, go to the place at 6:30 AM for the room and seat number verification. Be punctual, as late examinees will not be entertained.
- Wear the prescribed attire during the examination. For male examinees, please wear a white polo shirt with a collar without any mark or logo paired with decent pants or slacks. For female examinees, wear white blouses or shirt with a collar and a decent skirt or slacks.
- Do not forget to bring the Notice of Admission along with the official receipt, one piece metered-stamped window mailing envelop and two or more pencils ( No. 2). Additionally, bring a black ballpen, one piece long brown envelop and a long transparent envelope for keeping your valuables and other allowed items.