The University of the Philippines released the official schedule of the 2020 UP College Admission Test (UPCAT). Through the Office of Admissions, the UP said on Friday it will start accepting applicants for its college entrance examination on July 16, Tuesday. First administered in 1968, the UPCAT is a part of the admission requirements for those who are entering UP next academic year 2020-2021. It will be administered to qualified graduates of Philippine or foreign high schools who want to study in the premier state university of the country today.
UPCAT 2020 Exam Schedule
The University of the Philippines College Admission Test will be held on October 5 and 6, 2019. You may submit your exam application to the Office of Admissions on July 16, 2019 until the following deadlines:
- August 2: regional public high school
- August 9: regional private high school
- August 16: Metro Manila public high school
- August 23: Metro Manila private high school
Application received after August 23, 2019 will be processed only if test permits are still available.
Who are Qualified to Take the UPCAT?
If you are interested to take the UPCAT this October 2019, you must possess the following qualifications:
- Senior high school student expecting to graduate before SY 2020-2021 from a DepEd-accredited high school or an accredited secondary school abroad; OR
- Graduate of a DepEd-accredited high school or accredited secondary school abroad; AND
- Must have final grades for three (3) high school years preceding the year of graduation;
- Must not have taken any college subject/s prior to taking the UPCAT; AND
- Must not have taken the UPCAT before.
Please be reminded that the UPCAT can be taken only once. The university also clarified that there is no minimum high school average grade requirement for taking the UPCAT.
For inquiries, you may email the UP Office of Admissions at : firstname.lastname@example.org