The DOST Junior Level Science Scholarships (DOST- JLSS is a scholarship program of the Department of Science and Technology-Science Education Institute (DOST-SEI) for third-year or junior college students currently taking courses under the DOST-SEI list of fields of study. This program is implemented by the government to boost the number of scientists and engineers that will help in the knowledge creation and economic productivity of the country. The beneficiaries of this program are expected to teach STEM at the basic education level or work along with their fields of specialization in the country equivalent to the length of years in which they benefitted from the scholarship program.
DOST-SEI JLSS 2022 Exam Schedule
Through the E-Scholarship Application System, the DOST-SEI is now accepting applications for the 2022 Junior Level Science Scholarship (JLSS) until July 30, 2022. The JLSS exam is set for August 27-28, 2022 in different testing centers nationwide.
|Start of Online Application Period||09 June 2022|
|Last Day of Online Application and Uploading of Requirements||30 July 2022|
|Schedule of Qualifying Examination||27-28 August 2022|
How to Apply
When you have completed and scanned or photographed all of the necessary documents, it is time to access the JLSS E-Application portal. When filling out the required information, please make sure that all of the names and words are spelled correctly. Make sure your internet connection is stable before continuing.
Step 1: Click the Link
Using a computer with a good internet connection, go to the JLSS Application portal through this link: https://jlss.science-scholarships.ph/#/register. Scroll down the click then find and click the JLSS E-Application link.
Step 2: Register
A pop-up window will appear after clicking the above-mentioned link. Fill out the form to register then click next. make sure to use a valid e-mail address. An email will be sent to you for verification.
Step 3: Check if you are Eligible for the Scholarship
Answer the questions in the Eligibility Module, which can be accessed via the link in the email you received. If you are ineligible to apply for the JLSS, you will be sent a Notice of Disqualification via email. If you are eligible to apply for the JLSS, proceed to the following modules:
- Personal Data
- Contact Information
- Family Data
- Financial Contribution
- Household Information Questionnaire
- School, Course, and Grades
Step 4: Upload Documents
- The system only accepts.jpeg,.png,.bmp, and.pdf file types.
- The system accepts multiple files with a maximum size of 5MB per upload.
Ex. You photographed each of the three pages of your Transcript of Records. As a result, you must upload three different files to meet the same requirement. To upload it, click the Upload File button and select all of the files you want to submit.
After you’ve selected the files, you can view a preview to see if you’ve selected the correct and complete files. When you are certain that you have selected the correct and complete files, click the Upload button.
You can check the files you submitted after uploading them by pressing the Preview button. If you uploaded an incorrect or incomplete file, you must repeat the uploading process and upload the correct and complete files to overwrite the previously uploaded document/s.
Step 5: Submit your Application
Before pressing the SUBMIT button, ensure that you have completed all of the modules completely, with true information and correct spellings, and that you have uploaded all of the required documents. Once your application has been submitted, you will be unable to change any of the information you provided.
The pen-and-paper exam is set for August 27-28, 2022. The qualified Applicant will be issued a Test Permit indicating his/her test center, test session, and other pertinent examination information. This will be delivered to the Applicant’s registered email address between August 17 and 19, 2022.
To be admitted to the testing center, the Examinee must present his/her vaccination card or negative antigen test result, administered within 48 hours before the scheduled examination.
Here are the documents to prepare prior to filing your JLSS E-Application:
1. Click the links below to download the forms and print them on A4 bond paper.
2. Ensure that these forms are completed by the appropriate authorities/officials/individuals as specified on each form.
3. Verify that each form is properly signed.
4. Scan or photograph each completed form and save the file.
5. When saving the file, rename it (Surname-Form ).
6. Submit each form via the E-Application System’s Upload Module. Each file should be uploaded using the appropriate upload field.
|Certificate of Good Moral Character||See above instructions.|
|Certificate of Good Health|
|Certificate of Program of Study and Year Level|
|Certificate of Residency|
|Commitment to Return Service||Merit/ RA 7687|
|Official Transcript of Records (TOR) or True Copy of Grades (TCG) or Grade Report downloaded from the portal for first and second years in college||Must be duly signed by the University Registrar/Dean of College|
|Recent picture, passport size (4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.8 inches x 1.4 inches)||1. Must show the face of the Applicant, 80% of the picture.
2. Must be colored, with white background.
3. With the name tag position.
at approximately 1 inch or 2.54 cm below the chin): Full name, handwritten- First Name, Middle Initial, Last Name, and Extension Name, if any (e.g. JUAN C. DELA CRUZ, JR.), and signature over printed name.
4. Taken within the last three (3) months prior to the filing of the application.
|Birth Certificate||Readable copy. May be issued by the PSA, NSO or the Municipal Registry Office|
|Parent/s or Legal Guardian’s 2020 Income Tax Return / BIR Form 1701 / Employment Contract for OFW / BIR Certificate of Exemption from Filing of ITR / Certificate of Indigency / Certificate of Employment with Compensation / Proof of Pension||
Class of Workers
Types of Scholarships
There are three types of scholarships under the JLSS program. Each has a different set of requirements and qualifications. To wit:
- R.A. 10612 – this program aims to provide opportunities to third-year students taking up Pure Science, Mathematics, and Engineering courses, to teach in secondary schools nationwide. Applicants must be natural-born Filipino citizens, have a general weighted average (GWA) of at least 83% or its equivalent, must have good moral character, and must be in good health. Moreover, the applicants must pass the JLSS examination conducted by DOST-SEI.
- R.A. 7687 – It is also known as the “Science and Technology Scholarship Act of 1994”. This is intended for poor but talented and deserving students who are taking courses in basic sciences, engineering, mathematics, and other applied science. Qualifiers for this program are natural-born Filipinos who belong to families in the lower socio-economic bracket. Applicants must have a GWA of at least 83% or its equivalent, have good moral character, and be in good health. To qualify, an applicant must also be a certified resident of their municipality for at least four years. Just like with the R.A. 10612 program, they must also pass the JLSS Exam of DOST-SEI.
- Merit Scholarship – It is formerly known as the NSDB or NSTA Scholarship under R.A. 2067. The DOST-SEI JLSS Merit Scholarship is for junior college students with high aptitude in Science and Mathematics. Qualifiers under this program usually belong to families with high-income brackets and must pay a certain amount of scholarship exam fees. To qualify, applicants must be natural-born Filipino citizens with a GWA of at least 83% or its equivalent with good moral character and good health. Just like with RA 10612 and RA 7687, applicants under this program must also pass the DOST-SEI JLSS Exam.
|Bachelor in Technology
and Livelihood Education
with Specialization in
Information and Communication
|Agricultural and Biosystems
|Bachelor of Library and
|Agricultural Biotechnology ¹||Bachelor of Secondary Education
Major in Science
|Agricultural Engineering||Ceramics Engineering|
|Agricultural Technology||Chemical Engineering|
|Animal Husbandry*||Chemistry with Applied
|Animal Science||Chemistry with Materials
Science and Engineering
|Applied Mathematics||Civil Engineering|
|Applied Mathematics Major in
Mathematical Finance ²
|Applied Physics||Community Nutrition|
|Applied Physics with Applied
|Applied Physics with Materials
Science and Engineering
|Applied Statistics||Information Technology Systems|
|Computer Science||Instrumentation and Control
|Doctor of Veterinary
|Electrical Engineering||Management Information
|ECE/Electronics Engineering||Manufacturing Engineering|
|Environmental Science||Manufacturing Engineering
Management- Biomedical Engineering ³
Management- Mechatronics and
|Food Technology||Marine Biology|
|Geodetic Engineering||Materials Engineering|
|Geology||Mathematics and Science Teaching|
|Geothermal Engineering||Mathematics Teaching|
|Health Science||Mechanical Engineering|
|Human Biology||Mechatronics Engineering|
|Industrial Design||Medical Laboratory Science|
|Industrial Engineering||Medical Technology|
|Information and Communication
|Information System||Mining Engineering|
|Molecular Technology and
|Nutrition and Dietetics||Packaging Engineering|
|Petroleum Engineering||Pharmaceutical Sciences|
|Pharmacy (4-year Program)||Pharmacy Major in Clinical
Pharmacy (5-year Program)
|Public Health||Science Teaching (Biology, Chemistry
Physics, Physical Science, Biology and
|Speech Pathology *||Statistics|
* – New Programs Offered
1 – at UP Systems Only
2- 4 years, ADMU
3- at DLSU Only
4- BS Program
Benefits of Being a Scholar
As a JLSS Scholar, you will receive not more than Php 40,000 per year for the tuition and other fees if you’re enrolled in a private institution. You’ll enjoy the monthly stipend amounting to Php 7,000.00, and a book allowance of Php 10,000.00 given in two partial installments within the school year. On top of that, the DOST-SEI will pay the premium for your accident insurance, one economy-class round-trip fare, and a post-graduation clothing allowance worth P1,000.00. What are you waiting for? Apply now!
Please give me a chance to be part of this apportunity to help my studies. Thank you.