In accordance with the Article III, Section 12 of the Republic Act No. 8495 or the Philippine Mechanical Engineering Act of 1998, all applicants for registration for the practice of mechanical engineering in the Philippines shall be required to undergo and pass a written technical examination administered by the Professional Regulation Commission. To cater to the growing numbers of examinees each year, the PRC conducts the Mechanical Engineering Licensure Examinations twice a year, on the months of February and August. If you are interested to take the board exam this year, here are the schedules of exams including the requirements, dates of the opening of the online processing and deadline for filing of applications.
Mechanical Engineering Board Exam Schedule
Below are the pertinent details regarding the 2019 Mechanical Engineering Licensure Examinations.
|DATE OF EXAM||PLACE||OPENING OF ONLINE PROCESSING||DEADLINE IN FILING|
|February 24-25, 2019||Manila, Baguio, Cebu and Tacloban||October 22, 2018||January 25, 2019|
|August 25-26, 2019||Manila, Baguio, Cagayan De Oro, Cebu, Davao, Lucena and Tacloban||April 26, 2019||July 26, 2019|
The Professional Regulation Commission is now fully-utilizing the Licensure Examination and Registration Information System (LERIS) in delivering its services to the public, including the examination applications. They are now requiring every applicant to secure an appointment before going to any PRC office for the exam application. Through the LERIS, you can set an appointment and pay the fee in advance. To help you with this process, you can refer to our online board exam application guide.
As per Section 15, Article III of the Philippine Mechanical Engineering Act of 1998, applicants for the licensure examination and Certificate of Registration as Mechanical Engineer shall, prior to admission to the examinations, satisfy the following qualifications:
- He or she must be a Filipino citizen;
- Must not have been convicted by a court of law of a crime involving moral turpitude;
- Must be a holder of a degree in Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from a government-recognized university, school, college, academy or institution.
First-time exam takers and repeaters must submit the following documentary requirements during your scheduled date and time:
- Original and photocopy of Birth Certificate issued by the PSA;
- For married female applicants, please submit a copy of Marriage Certificate issued by the PSA;
- Transcript of Records with scanned picture and remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”
- Valid NBI Clearance
The Mechanical Engineering Licensure Examination is consists of 3 parts namely:
- Industrial and Power Plant Engineering – 35%
- Mathematics, Engineering Economics and basic Engineering Services – 35%
- Machine Design, Materials and Shop Practice – 30%
Release of Result
The Mechanical Engineering Board Exam Result is usually released by the PRC five (5) working days after the last day of examination.
To pass the examination, an examinee must obtain an average of seventy percent (70%) on all subjects, with no rating below fifty percent (50%) in any of the subjects. If an examinee fails to pass the examination for the third time, he or she shall be allowed to take another examination only after the lapse of one year.