Do you think you have what it takes to save lives, catch pirates and smugglers, and guard the country’s 36,289-km coastline? Then you are ready for a job in the Philippine Coast Guard. Here is your chance to received above-standard salary, allowances, free medical and dental services and job security. Likewise, you’ll enjoy government benefits and privileges while serving our beloved country.
If you are really interested to apply for commissionship and enlistment in the Philippine Coast Guard this 2020, please read on.
Note: For the exam results, follow: PCG Aptitude Battery Test Result
PCGABT Schedule 2020
The Coast Guard District-Southern Visayas will conduct a PCG Aptitude Battery Test for enlistment and commissionship to all qualified applicants on March 14, 2020 (Saturday). The assessment, submission of requirements and initial interview will start on March 10-13, 2020 at Coast Guard District-Southern Visayas, San Patricio Blvd, Puno Banago, Bacolod City. For inquiries, please contact CGDSV Operations numbers and look for Recruitment Personnel: Globe: 0917 631 2749 / Smart: 0998 585 8103.
Examination venues will be in Bacolod City, Bago City, Sipalay City and Hinoba-an. The exact location of the examination will be announced later.
To apply in the Philippine Coast Guard as an officer or as enlisted personnel, a candidate must possess these qualifications:
PCG Officer (Commissionship)
- He or she must be a natural-born citizen of the Philippines.
- Must have a Good Moral Character
- He/she must be single.
- Must be 21-24 years old on the date of examination
- Minimum entry height of 5’0″ (for male and female)
- Holder of a baccalaureate degree
- With Professional Civil Service Eligibility (rating of 82% and above) or with PRC license
- Physically and mentally qualified under the existing regulation for Coast Guard Services
- Must pass the PCG Aptitude Battery Test or PCGABT for commissionship
PCG Non-Officer (Enlistment)
- A natural-born citizen of the Philippines
- Of good moral character
- 18-26 years old on the day of examination
- Must be at least 5’0″ in height (for male and female)
- College graduate or has earned at least 72 units in only one (1) course as reflected in the Transcript of Records
- Senior high school graduate provided that he/she has completed TESDA courses (6 months or longer) relevant to PCG mandates as endorsed by the respective SECOMCAP
- Has passed the PCG Aptitude Battery Test
For Enlistment applicants, the following are the TESDA courses to be considered:
- Auto Engine Rebuilding, Automotive Servicing, Automotive Electrical Assembly
- Automotive Mechanical Assembly, Automotive Wiring Harness Assembly Computer Programming
- Computer Technician
- Computer System Servicing
- Computer Hardware Servicing
- Electrical Installation and Maintenance
- Gas Metal Arc Welding
- Marine Electricity
Here are the initial requirements if you want to take the PCG Aptitude Battery Test this 2020:
- Accomplished PCGABT Application Form
- Accomplished Personal Information Sheet
- A certified true copy of PSA birth certificate.
- Transcript of Records/ List of Grades authenticated by the school. (Certified true copy)
- College Diploma (certified true copy)- for commissionship/enlistment
- Senior High School diploma and TESDA certificate -for enlistment
The original copies of the above-mentioned documents must be presented upon submission of application requirements for verification purposes. Applicants with incomplete requirements will not be allowed to take the examination. On the day of the PCGABT, wear white plain polo shirt for commissionship/white plain round-neck shirt for enlistment, maong pants, rubber shoes and with the proper haircut. Keep in mind that calculators and cellphones are not allowed during the exam.
The entry-level salary for a commissioned officer with a rank of Ensign is P51,000/month while the entry-level salary for enlisted personnel with a rank of Apprentice is P37,000 monthly. Aside from the monthly salary, they are entitled to free medical and dental services and avail of free housing facilities. What are you waiting for? Apply now!