The Civil Service Commission, in cooperation with the Department of Finance-Bureau of Local Government Finance (DOF-BLGF), conducts the Basic Competency on Local Treasury Examination (BCLTE) to further professionalize and assess the competencies of personnel in the local treasury service. It aims to establish a Register of Eligibles (ROE) from which certification and appointment to Local Treasurer and Assistant Treasurer positions, and to positions under the Financial Services in the civil service, shall be made, provided the eligibles meet the qualifications and other requirements of the position. The BCLTE was first administered in December 2015 and is open to incumbents of positions at the DOF-BLGF and to private individuals interested in local treasury service.
Resulting Civil Service Eligibility
The civil service eligibility resulting from passing the BCLTE shall be called Local Treasury Eligibility. It is second-level eligibility which is ONLY appropriate for appointment to Local Treasurer and Assistant Local Treasurer positions, and to positions under the Financial Services that do not require the practice of profession and are not covered by Bar/Board or Special Laws.
BCLTE 2021 Schedule
The conduct of the first set of Basic Competency on Local Treasury Examination (BCLTE) will be on October 10, 2021 in different locations nationwide. Interested individuals may file their application for the said examination from July 21 to August 20, 2021. Acceptance of applications shall be on a first-come, first-served basis and shall be closed any time before the deadline if the CSC Regional/Field Office has already reached the target number of applicants.
Here are the testing centers for this year’s Basic Competency on Local Treasury Examination. However, this list may change in light of the emerging/evolving COVID-19 situation.
|1||San Fernando City, La Union|
|3||CIty of San Fernando, Pampanga|
|9||Zamboanga City- cancelled|
|10||Cagayan de Oro City|
|11||Davao City- deferred until further notice|
General Santos City
|CARAGA||Butuan City –deferred until further notice|
|BARMM||Cotabato City- cancelled|
Appointment System and Updates
Due to limited slots available and in adherence with the safety and health protocols, most CSC Regional and Field offices will strictly implement an “APPOINTMENT SYSTEM” relative to the acceptance of applications. To facilitate filing and processing of applications, applicants are required to book in advance in the Online Reservation System (ORS) of the Field Office they intend to file at. For the scheduling and booking of your appointment, you may access the following link:
National Capital Region
- Walk-in application only.
*Because the Province of Ilocos Norte and the City of Laoag are currently under MECQ and LECQ, respectively, the filing of FOE, POE, and BCLTE applications in CSC-Field Office-Ilocos Norte is CANCELLED. Applications conditionally accepted by the said Field Office after July 28, 2021 will be cancelled and deemed not filed.
- CSC FO Ilocos Norte, Laoag City, Ilocos Norte
- CSC FO Ilocos Sur, Bantay, Ilocos Sur
- CSC FO La Union, San Fernando City, La Union
- CSC FO Western Pangasinan, Lingayen, Pangasinan
- CSC FO Eastern Pangasinan, Urdaneta City, Pangasinan
- Regional Office
- Pampanga Field Office
- Nueva Ecija Field Office
- Tarlac Field Office
- Zambales Field Office
Please be advised that the Civil Service Commission Regional Office IV (CSCRO IV) will not yet accept applications for the October 2021 BCLTE. They are still coordinating with the Local Government Unit and the Provincial Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the conduct of the said examination.
The application starts on 26 July 2021. Please note that they shall ONLY ACCEPT APPLICANTS FROM THE PROVINCE OF ALBAY and will strictly implement an APPOINTMENT SYSTEM. This is to avoid interzonal movements of examinees as recommended by the Legazpi City Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF).
Due to the ECQ status of Iloilo City until July 31, 2021, the CSC Regional Office No. VI in Mandurriao, Iloilo City, and the CSC Iloilo Field Office at Fort San Pedro, Iloilo City, will receive applications for BCLTE starting August 2, 2021, until August 20, 2021, subject to the quarantine classification of Iloilo City and Province.
The CSCRO 7 is not yet accepting applications for the October 2021 BCLTE. They are still waiting for the approval of Cebu City-LGU to hold the said examination on its jurisdiction taking into consideration the current VOPVID-19 pandemic.
The CSC RO VIII will not yet accept applications on July 21, 2021. They are still coordinating with the Local Government Unit and the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) for the conduct of said examinations. Interested applicants are requested to wait for further instruction/announcement which shall be communicated on their Official Facebook page and website.
Due to uncertainties brought about by the current health crisis, the conduct of ALL TYPES OF EXAMINATIONS in Region IX has been duly CANCELLED until further notice.
CSCRO X will not yet accept applications on July 21, 2021 until further notice. (Including CSCFO Bukidnon, CSCFO Camiguin, CSCFO Lanao del Norte and CSCFO Misamis Occidental).
The filing of applications for the October 10, 2021 FOE/POE/BLCTE in Region XI (Davao Region) is DEFERRED until further notice. Accordingly, CSCROXI Regional Office and its CSC Field Offices will NOT be accepting applications for these examinations.
The filing of the application SHALL BE DONE ONLINE through this link (https://iwap.cscro12.com) starting on 21 July 2021 at 8:00 AM. For those interested to apply please have the requirements in ELECTRONIC COPY (ID picture, valid ID, Certificate of Live Birth (if applicable), Certificate of Employment (if applicable) prior to accessing the link for uploading purposes. Further, please access the application link prior to the start of filing to sign up in the system. For those who already have the CSC RO XII IWAP account, please check if your account is still active, otherwise please message them through the Official CSC RO XII Facebook Page (https://www.facebook.com/cscregion12).
The filing of applications for the 2021 BCLTE in the CARAGA Region is deferred until further notice due to the MECQ classification in Butuan City and the current health situation in the region.
The CSC-BARMM will not conduct the October 2021 BCLTE. The primary reason is that Cotabato City is under GCQ with restrictions such as the “No Movement Sunday” which coincides with the usual conduct of the examination.
Any applicant who wishes to take and pass the BCLTE and later granted the Local Treasury Eligibility must meet the following qualification requirements:
- He or she must be a Filipino citizen;
- At least 18 years of age at the date of filing of the application;
- Of good moral character;
- Has not been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude, or disgraceful or immoral conduct, dishonesty, examination irregularity, drunkenness or addiction to drugs;
- Has not been dishonorably discharged from military service, or dismissed for cause from any civilian position in the government; and
- Must be a baccalaureate degree holder at the time of filing of the application.
- The Civil Service Commission (CSC)will recall the approval of the application if it discovers that the applicant is disqualified from the examination. The Commission will forfeit any fees paid by the applicant.
- Those holding dual citizenship under RA 9925 may apply for and take the examination upon presentation of original and submission of a copy of Certificate of Retention/Re-acquisition of Philippine Citizenship from the Bureau of Immigration, and meeting of all the admission and application requirements for the examination.
- The CSC allows applicants with pending administrative and criminal cases to take the examination and shall grant the eligibility if they pass the exam. However, if they are found guilty, their eligibility shall be forfeited based on the penalties stated in the decision and under existing Civil Service laws and rules.
Application Requirements and Guide
Applicants must provide the following documentary requirements :
1. A fully accomplished Civil Service Examination Form – CS Form No. 100 ( Revised September 2016). The spaces for the signature and thumbmark should be left blank. These shall be accomplished in the presence of the CSC application processor.
2. Original and photocopy of your valid ID. To know more about the list of accepted ID’s, check this out: CSC List of Accepted IDs
3. Four (4) pcs. Philippine Passport size pictures with a dimension of 4.5 cm x 3.5 cm or 1.78 x 1.38 inches. Submit pictures that are taken within the last 3 months prior to the filing of the application. The picture must be colored on a white background and printed on good-quality photo paper. Additionally, it must be in the bare face with no eyeglasses, colored contact lenses, or any accessories that may cover the facial features (facial features not computer-enhanced). The nametag must be handwritten and not computer-generated. Please refer to the images below for a more detailed explanation of this matter.
4. Prepare a non-refundable examination fee of Php 700.00
After completing all the required documents, you must personally submit them to the CSC Regional Office or any CSC field office where you intend to take the examination. Submit your application as soon as possible because as stated above, it will be on a first-come, first-served basis. For your reference, a complete directory of CSC Regional and field offices nationwide is available at the official website of the Civil Service Commission.
After submitting the documentary requirements and paying the exam fee, the processor will give you the official receipt and examination slip. The CSC will inform you of your school assignment (place of examination) through the Online Notice of School Assignment or ONSA. It shall be available at the official CSC website about two weeks before the examination day. We advise that you secure a printout of this ONSA before leaving your place for the exam.
Scope of Examination
The 2021 BCLTE will cover the following subject areas:
1. General Ability- 25%
- Verbal aptitude
- Analytical ability
- Leadership and Management
- RA 6713 or the Code of Conduct and Ethical Standards for Public Officials and Employees
2. Specialized/Technical Area- 75%
- Mobilization of Resources
- Principles of Local Taxation
- Real Property Tax
- Business and Local Taxes
- Regulatory Fees and Charges and Local Economic Enterprises
- LGU Credit Financing
- Management of Local Treasury Services
- Safekeeping of Local Funds and Records
- Preparation and Analysis of Treasury and Treasury-Related Reports
- Coordinating and Communicating Local Treasury Matters with Stakeholders (10%)
- Management of Other PFM Areas
- Management of Inter-Government and other Fund Transfers
- Mobilization of Resources
Health Declaration Form
As part of the COVID-19 protocol, you are required to accomplish and submit a Health Declaration Form (HDF) which will be available for downloading and printing from the CSC website or through this link: CSC Health Declaration Form Download.
You must accomplish the form within 24 hours prior to exam day. The temperature reading will be written only upon going through thermal scanning at the main entrance of the school/testing venue on examination day.
Here are some important reminders and the things to bring on the examination day:
- Practice social distancing and wear a face mask and face shield upon entering the venue and throughout the duration of the exam.
- Bring a hand sanitizer with no more than 100ml in size.
- Bring black ballpen/s. Borrowing of ballpens is not allowed to prevent cross-contamination.
- Do not forget to bring your Health Declaration Form!
- Bring the ID that you used during the application. No ID, No exam.
- Do not be late! Be at the testing venue not later than 6:30 AM.
- Wear proper attire on examination day preferably plain white shirt/tops. Sleeveless shirt/blouse, shorts/short pants, tokong pants, ripped jeans and slippers are not allowed.
- If you have long hair, tie it into a ponytail.
- Do not bring cellular phones, gadgets, smartwatches, books, and other printed materials to your seat. You can deposit those items in the designated area prior to occupying your designated seat.
- Lastly, do not bring the test booklet outside the testing area.
Please wear proper attire during the filing of the application. Do not wear sleeveless shirt/blouse, shorts, or slippers.
Passing Grade and Release of Results
To pass the BCLTE and achieve the Local Treasury Eligibility, you must get a general rating of at least 80.00. The list of passers shall be available at the CSC website 41 days after the examination. You may claim the Certificate of Eligibility a month after the release of the list of passers or as indicated in the corresponding issuance/advisory. Nevertheless, you should verify first with the CSC-RO/FO if your certificate is already available before going to the CSC Regional Office/Field Office. A complete directory of (contact numbers) of the CSC-Regional/Field offices is available at the official CSC website.