BFP Hiring 2022: The Bureau of Fire Protection is now looking for qualified applicants to fill up two thousand (2000) Fire Officer 1 positions this Calendar Year (CY) 2022. If you are interested and qualified, now is the chance to become a firefighter. Apart from having a chance to save lives and properties, you will have a permanent and rewarding career in the government while serving the country and the Filipino people. What are you waiting for? Apply now!
How to Apply
The BFP is now using an e-recruitment system for the 2022 recruitment cycle. Applicants must register first before proceeding to any stage of processing. To access the BFP E-REcruitment System, please follow this link: http://bfp-ers.online/
For more information, please call or visit your nearest BFP Fire Station / BFP Regional Office for more details.
Qualifications for FO1
- Must be a citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- Open to all male and female Filipino citizens not less than 21 years old nor more than 30 years of age;
- Must be at least 1.57 meters or 5’2″ in height for males and 1.52 meters or 5’0″ for the female in order to qualify. For applicants who do not meet the height requirement but are members of the Indigenous Peoples or Muslim Filipinos or with a Professional Driver’s License with restriction code 1,2,3 (PDL 123), or a consistent honor or honor graduates (PD No 907) or having a certification of volunteers from Government or Private Owned Fire Stations or Fire brigade, with proof of attendance and Fire Volunteer ID, they can avail of the height waiver issued by the Fire Chief.
- Must weigh no more or less than 5 kilograms from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex.
- Must be a holder of a baccalaureate degree from a government-recognized institution.
- The applicant must have the Civil Service Commission (CSC) 2nd level, RA 1080 or PD 907 Eligibility. Check this guide on how to apply for the Fire Officer Examination conducted by the Civil Service Commission: Fire Officer Examination Schedule 2022
- A person of good moral character.
- Must pass a series of evaluations and tests, i.e. neuro-psychiatric, medical and drug tests, to determine the physical and mental health of the applicant.
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed for cause from previous employment; and
- Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
- No training or experience is required.
- An application letter (addressed to the Regional Director of the concerned BFP Regional Office) indicating the position and item you are applying for (check the format below);
- A fully-accomplished Personal Data Sheet (CSC Form 212 Revised 2017). Print entries using a black ballpen only. Do not use a sign pen;
- Work Experience Sheet (CS Form No. 212 attachment for applicants who filled in page 2 PDS work experience portion);
- Authenticated copy of Service Record (for former government employees);
- Authenticated copy of Latest Performance Evaluation (for former government employees);
- Authenticated copy of Transcript of Records and College Diploma (authenticated by the school registrar);
- Authenticated copy of Certificate of Eligibility from the Civil Service Commission (CSC) or Report of Rating/Board Rating authenticated by Professional Regulation Commission (PRC);
- Authenticated copy of Certificate of Waiver (for applicants with age and/or height deficiency/ies);
- Photocopy of Certificate of Live Birth issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA);
- For married applicants, please submit a copy of the Certificate of Marriage issued by the PSA;
- Photocopy of NBI Clearance.
If you cannot provide the authenticated documents, you will be required to execute an Affidavit of Undertaking specifying that the deadline of submission of the required documents shall be on or before the Oath-taking Ceremony.
Cover Page Format
Here is the required format for the cover page. All applicants are advised to adhere to the standard format. Use a legal size brown folder and the tabbing should be attached/pasted to a ply leaf/divider. Do not paste the tabbing directly to the documents.
Application Letter Format
Here is the format for the application letter:
Do you have what it takes to save the lives and properties of people you even did not know? Be a firefighter of the Bureau of Fire Protection this 2021. Apply now!