The Bureau of Fire Protection- Region 12 is now looking for interested and qualified individuals to fill-up Fire Officer 1 positions this Calendar Year (CY) 2021. In a memorandum dated March 18, 2021, twenty-five (25) vacancies for Fire Officer 1 (FO1) position in BFP Region XII are up for grabs. The acceptance and evaluation of application documents start on March 18, 2021 to March 26, 2021.
If you are qualified and interested to join the Fire Service this 2021, please read on.
How to Apply
Submit your application folder to the BFP-Regional Officer XII, Regional Prime Center, Brgy. Carpenter Hill, Koronadal City, South Cotabato. Please be reminded that the application folder shall be in the color green, properly-tabbed, and labeled with name, address, and contact number. One set of the application folder shall contain the following documents:
- An application letter (addressed to the Regional Director of the concerned BFP Regional Office) indicating the position and item you are applying for (check the format below);
- A fully-accomplished Personal Data Sheet (CSC Form 212 Revised 2017). Print entries using black ballpen only. Do not use a sign pen;
- Work Experience Sheet (CS Form No. 212 attachment for applicants who filled-in page 2 PDS work experience portion);
- Authenticated copy of Service Record (for former government employees);
- Authenticated copy of Latest Performance Evaluation (for former government employees);
- Authenticated copy of Transcript of Records and College Diploma (authenticated by the school registrar);
- Authenticated copy of Certificate of Eligibility from the Civil Service Commission (CSC) or Report of Rating/Board Rating authenticated by Professional Regulation Commission (PRC);
- Authenticated copy of Certificate of Waiver (for applicants with age and/or height deficiency/ies);
- Photocopy of Certificate of Live Birth issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA);
- For married applicants, please submit a copy of the Certificate of Marriage issued by the PSA;
- Photocopy of NBI Clearance.
If you cannot provide the authenticated documents, you will be required to execute an Affidavit of Undertaking specifying that the deadline of submission of the required documents shall be on or before the Oath-taking Ceremony.
For inquiries regarding the administrative requirements, you may contact the following persons:
SF02 Neren L. Jintula
Human Resource Merit Promotion and Selection Board Secretariat
Mobile No. 09209836331
F01 Connie Jai M. Laroa
Human Resource Management Section staff
Mobile no. 09177721873
For medical/dental queries, you may contact F02 Charmel Anne A. Lachica, Emergency Medical Services Staff at mobile number 09197883576.
Minimum Qualifications for FO1
- Must be a citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- Open to all male and female Filipino citizens not less than 21 years old nor more than 30 years of age;
- Must be at least 1.62 meters or 5’4″ in height for male and 1.57 meters or 5’2″ for the female in order to qualify. For applicants who do not meet the height requirement but are members of the Indigenous Peoples or Muslim Filipinos or with Professional Driver’s License with restriction code 1,2,3 (PDL 123), or a consistent honor or honor graduates (PD No 907) or having a certification of volunteers from Government or Private Owned Fire Stations or Fire brigade, with proof of attendance and Fire Volunteer ID, they can avail of the height waiver issued by the Fire Chief.
- Must weigh no more or less than 5 kilograms from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex.
- Must be a holder of a baccalaureate degree from a government-recognized institution.
- The applicant must have the Civil Service Commission (CSC) 2nd level, RA 1080 or PD 907 Eligibility. Check this guide on how to apply for the Fire Officer Examination conducted by the Civil Service Commission: Fire Officer Examination Schedule 2020
- A person of good moral character.
- Must pass a series of evaluations and tests, i.e. neuro-psychiatric, medical and drug tests, to determine the physical and mental health of the applicant.
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed for cause from previous employment; and
- Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
- No training or experience required.
Cover Page Format
Here is the required format for the cover page. All applicants are advised to adhere to the standard format. Use a legal size brown folder and the tabbing should be attached/pasted to a ply leaf/divider. Do not paste the tabbing directly to the documents.
Application Letter Format
Here is the format for the application letter:
Do you have what it takes to save the lives and properties of people you even did not know? Be a firefighter of the Bureau of Fire Protection this 2021. Apply now!