The Bureau of Fire Protection is now looking for interested and qualified applicants to fill-up Fire Officer 1 positions for their 2020 Regular Quota. Applicants may submit their application folder on June 15, 2020 to July 12, 2020. For the complete list of the 2020 recruitment schedule, please refer to this post: BFP Recruitment 2020 | Calendar of Activities.
In this connection, hereunder is the general qualification for Fire Officer 1:
Minimum Qualifications for FO1
- Must be a citizen of the Republic of the Philippines;
- Open to all male and female Filipino citizens not less than 21 years old nor more than 30 years of age;
- Must be at least 1.62 meters or 5’4″ in height for male and 1.57 meters or 5’2″ for the female in order to qualify. For applicants who do not meet the height requirement but are members of the Indigenous Peoples or Muslim Filipinos or with Professional Driver’s License with restriction code 1,2,3 (PDL 123), or a consistent honor or honor graduates (PD No 907) or having a certification of volunteers from Government or Private Owned Fire Stations or Fire brigade, with proof of attendance and Fire Volunteer ID, they can avail of the height waiver issued by the Fire Chief.
- Must weigh no more or less than 5 kilograms from the standard weight corresponding to his/her height, age and sex.
- Must be a holder of a baccalaureate degree from a government-recognized institution.
- The applicant must have the Civil Service Commission (CSC) 2nd level, RA 1080 or PD 907 Eligibility. Check this guide on how to apply for the Fire Officer Examination conducted by the Civil Service Commission: Fire Officer Examination Schedule 2020
- A person of good moral character.
- Must pass a series of evaluations and tests, i.e. neuro-psychiatric, medical and drug tests, to determine the physical and mental health of the applicant.
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged or dismissed for cause from previous employment; and
- Must not have been convicted by final judgment of an offense or crime involving moral turpitude.
- No training or experience required.
An applicant is required to submit one (1) set of application folder (properly tabbed) containing the following documents:
- An application letter (addressed to the Regional Director of the concerned BFP Regional Office) indicating the position and item you are applying for (check the format below).
- A fully-accomplished Personal Data Sheet (CSC Form 212 Revised 2017). Print entries using black ballpen only. Do not use a sign pen.
- Copy of authenticated Transcript of Records and College Diploma (authenticated by the school registrar);
- Photocopy of authenticated Certificate of Eligibility from the Civil Service Commission (CSC) or Report of Rating/Board Rating authenticated by Professional Regulation Commission (PRC).
- Photocopy of Certificate of Live Birth issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
- For married applicants, please submit a copy of the Certificate of Marriage issued by the PSA.
- Authenticated copy of the following: Barangay, Mayor, Police, RTC, MTC and NBI Clearances;
- Photocopy of approved certificate of waiver ( for applicants with age/height deficiencies);
- Authenticated photocopies of tax identification (if previously employed), Philhealth and PagIBIG Fund cards;
- Authenticated photocopy of Professional Driver’s License 123 or 23 and NCII/NCIII if any.
How to Apply
Submit all the following documents in a properly-tabbed folder to the Human Resource Management Division of BFP National Headquarters or any BFP Regional Offices near you. For more information, you may contact:
Recruitment and Selection Section
Bureau of Fire Protection-National Headquarters (BFP-NHQ)
Agham Rd, Bagong Pag-asa, Quezon City, 1105 Metro Manila
Tel. Nos. (+632) 426-02-19/426-02-46 loc. 205.
Prior to the submission of application, the applicants are advised to undergo Medical Laboratory and Dental Examinations at any government hospital and/or any DOH-accredited hospital or laboratory within the region. A certification issued by the hospital/laboratory where the applicant has undergone his/her laboratory examinations will be a part of the requirements for the initial evaluation. This certification must be attached to the application folder for all applicants.
The result of the laboratory examinations shall be sealed and sent by the laboratory facility through personal service or courier to the concerned BFP Regional Office. Only the BFP Medical Team are authorized to open the sealed envelope that contains the following results:
- CBC with blood typing
- Hepa B Screening
- Chest X-ray
- Fasting Blood Sugar
- Serum Pregnancy Test (for female)
- Dental Panoramic X-Ray
Cover Page Format
Here is the required format for the cover page. All applicants are advised to adhere to the standard format. Use a legal size brown folder and the tabbing should be attached/pasted to a ply leaf/divider. Do not paste the tabbing directly to the documents.
Application Letter Format
Here is the format for the application letter:
Do you have what it takes to save the lives and properties of people you even did not know? Be a firefighter of the Bureau of Fire Protection this 2020. Apply now!