The Professional Regulation Commission (PRC) has released the official schedule for the 2018 Chemistry licensure examinations. Similarly, the PRC announced the date of online processing and the deadline for filing of the application.
The Chemistry Board Exam 2018 will be conducted by the Professional Regulatory Board of Chemistry under the supervision of the PRC on October 9, 10 & 11 at various testing centers nationwide.
Board Exam Schedule
|Examination||Date(s) of Exam||Place||Opening of Online Processing||Deadline in Filing|
|Chemists||October 9, 10,&11, 2018||Manila, Cagayan De Oro and Cebu||July 6, 2018||September 7, 2018|
Chemistry Licensure Exam Reviewer and Coverage
To access our free online Chemistry Board Exam reviewer, please follow all the links below. While every effort has been made to keep reviewer as accurate as possible, TOPNOTCHER PH makes no guarantees about the veracity and accuracy of the information it provides. If you found errors or parts that need corrections, please contact us thru the comments below.
The Chemistry Licensure Examinations for 2018 will cover the following subject areas:
- Inorganic Chemistry– Fundamentals of Inorganic Chemistry; periodicity and inorganic reactions, including transition metal chemistry; and characterization of inorganic compounds.
- Organic Chemistry– The fundamentals of organic chemistry, including Biochemistry reactions and characterization of organic compounds.
- Analytical Chemistry- It covers the fundamentals of qualitative and quantitative chemical analysis and instrumental analysis.
- Physical Chemistry- Principles of physical chemistry, including introductory quantum theory, thermodynamics and equilibria, and chemical kinetics.
Here is the list of requirements needed to apply for the Chemistry Licensure Examination this 2018:
1. Must be a citizen and resident of the Philippines or a foreign citizen whose country or state has reciprocity with the Philippines in the practice of chemistry;
2. Must be a graduate of Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or an allied degree.
3. Transcript of Records with scanned picture and Remarks “For Board Examination Purposes”
4. One (1) Certificate of Good Moral Character from any of the following:
- 1. Barangay
- 2. Church
- 3. School
- 4. Employer
5. Valid NBI Clearance (First Timers & Repeaters)
6. Title Page and Approval Sheet of Thesis (*Thesis should be indicated in the Transcript of Records)
7. NSO / PSA Birth Certificate
8. NSO / PSA Marriage Contract (for married female applicants)
9. Payment: P900.00 – complete
To be able to obtain his or her license, an examinee must obtain a general average of at least seventy percent (70%) and no rating less than fifty percent (50%) in any subject. If the taker failed the board exam but had obtained a rating of at least 70% in any two (2) subjects, the examinee shall automatically qualify as a chemical technician.
After passing the Chemistry Board Exam, you need to complete the initial registration process for the oath-taking ceremony. Just follow our PRC online registration guide for your hassle-free initial registration.
When someone says he will take the Chemistry Board Exam, the first thing that will cross your mind is the word ‘migraine’. Yes, the exam is difficult that every year, more than half of the total examinees fail the board exam. Thus, this free Chemistry Licensure Exam reviewer was created to help you pass this final hurdle to become a licensed chemist in the Philippines. It is not meant to replace the roles of review centers but it was created to serve as a supplementary resource to increase your chances of passing the board.
If you have friends or relatives who are also planning to take this upcoming Chemistry Board Exam, you may share this post by clicking the social media buttons below. For more updates, you may follow us on our Facebook page. Thank you.
*This online reviewer is still under construction. We will provide the reviewer for each subject as soon as the resources are available.