Are you looking for a long-term job and a life full of adventure? Well, we have good news for you! In a statement by NAPOLCOM Vice-Chairman Rogelio Casurao last February 22, the Commission approved the creation of 5 additional Special Action Force battalions this 2018. It means that there is a need for 2,500 new troopers to fill those additional battalions. Do you want to know if you are qualified to become a SAF trooper? Please read on to know the requirements and the application process to join this elite unit of the Philippine National Police.
What is the PNP-SAF?
The Special Action Force (PNP-SAF) is the elite PNP unit tasked to conduct operations as a Rapid Deployment Force anywhere in the country. Its missions include deployment in high-level hostage rescues, commando-type unconventional warfare, disaster assistance, counter-terrorism, anti-hijacking, EOD and other special police operations. The PNP-SAF is likewise mandated to support the Armed Forces of the Philippines in its counter-insurgency efforts. Currently, the PNP Special Action Force has 7 battalions.
PNP SAF Qualifications
To be able to join the PNP-Special Action Force as a trooper, a candidate must satisfy the minimum qualifications provided below:
- He or she must be a Filipino citizen;
- The applicant must be a person of good moral fortitude, and must not have been involved/convicted of any crime/immorality;
- Physically and mentally fit to undergo rigorous training;
- Must be a bachelor’s degree holder from a government-recognized institution;
- Aspiring SAF Troopers must pass the NAPOLCOM Entrance Examination or must have a 2nd-Level Eligibility through the following:
- Civil Service Examination-Professional (CSE-PPT);
- Passers of bar examination conducted by the Supreme Court and of licensure board examinations administered by the Professional Regulation Commission pursuant to RA. 1080;
- Licensed Criminologists pursuant to RA. 6506 and;
- Automatic eligibility granted to college honor graduates pursuant to P.D. 907.
- No records of being dishonorably discharged from military service or from any civilian position in the government;
- Must have a barefoot height not less than 1.62 meters (5’4″) for males and 1.57 meters (5’2″) for females candidates;
- The applicant’s weight must not be less or more than 5 kilograms from the ideal weight corresponding to his height, age, and sex;
- He or she must be 21 years old but not more than 30 years old.*
- Must pass the general physical, neuro-psychiatry, medical, agility test, and interview.
*An applicant shall be considered to be 21 years of age on his/her 21st birthday and shall be considered more than thirty (30) years of age on his/her 31st birthday.
Here are the documents required for the filling of the application:
- Civil Service Personal Data Sheet (Revised 2005)
- Birth Certificate issued by PSA;
- Authenticated copy of Certificate of Eligibility;
- 2 pcs. 2×2 black and white picture with a name tag, 1 bust-size picture, and 1 whole body picture;
- Authenticated copy of Transcript of Records/Diploma;
- Local Clearances such as Barangay clearance, Police, RTC/MTC, and NBI;
- Medical Certificate (examinations to be administered by the PNP)
- Fingerprint and Handwriting Specimen (NAPOLCOM)
PNP SAF Online Application Process
Here is the step-by-step guide on the PNP-SAF Recruitment process. Please follow the instructions carefully.
- Using a computer or a tablet with an internet connection, access the PNP Online Recruitment Application System (PNP ORAS) using your preferred browser.
- Fill-up the registration form and click the submit button when finished. Please use a working email address as the username and password will be sent to this address. Original personal information is mandatory in creating a PNP ORAS account. Using nicknames is not allowed in the registration.
- You will be notified promptly stating that your account has been successfully created.
- Check your email using the email address provided upon registration. Open the email sent by the PNP Directorate for Personnel and Records Management (PNP DPRM). Activate your account by clicking the link.
- Log in to the system using the provided username and password.
- Open the Online Application Form page and fill it out completely. Submit personal data such as personal information, educational background, eligibilities, previous employment, character references, and the PNP Office/Unit you want to apply.
- Provide the required scanned/softcopy documents and finish the application.
- For complete and detailed instructions on how to submit your application using the PNP ORAS, check this guide.
- The Recruitment Officer shall assess the submitted Online Application Form to determine whether you are qualified or not.
- Wait for the publication of qualified applicants at www.facebook.com/PNPSAFRecruitmentOfficial/. The time and date of reporting will be also published on the FB Page.
- Report to SAF Headquarters or to the nearest Police Regional Offices (PROs). Bring with you the documentary requirements stated above.
- Successful online applicants will proceed to the recruitment process. Walk-applicants will still be directed to apply ONLINE before proceeding to the next stage of recruitment process.
- The next stage of the PNP SAF recruitment process will be conducted at SAF Headquarters and Police Regional Offices. Applicants will undergo Body Mass Index(BMI), Physical Agility Test(PAT), Swim Test, Psychological and Psychiatric Exam (PPE), Physical, Medical and Dental Exam(PMDE), Complete Background Investigation (CBI) and Drug Test.
- The final stage is the Final Committee Deliberation which is conducted solely by the Special Action Force.
PNP SAF Training
Applicants who hurdle through the stages of the recruitment will undergo training as SAF commandos. The present Commando training program includes Internal Security Operations, Waterborne Rescue, Police Intervention, Barangay Module, Operational Testing, and Field Training Exercise. All these will be taken up in the four months of training prior to the test mission. This test mission, where SAF Trainees will be deployed in real combat operations will take a month to finish. If you survive an encounter with the enemy during this test mission, you will be automatically recommended for graduation. After graduation, you will have the rank of a Police Officer 1 and a full-fledged SAF Trooper.
PNP SAF Salary and Benefits
As a Police Officer 1, you will receive a monthly base pay of P29,668. In addition to the monthly salary, you shall be entitled to longevity pay, monthly provisional allowance, medical and dental benefits, and hazard pay. Since you are working in the government, you shall enjoy security of tenure up to 56 years old and a good retirement package upon retirement from service.