If you are looking for a guide on how to become a patrolman or patrolwoman, then you are on the right page. This article will cover the procedures and the requirements for the NAPOLCOM-PNP Entrance Examination. If you think you have all the qualifications below, you may proceed with your application. Please, do not apply if you are not qualified. You’ll just waste your time.
The PNP Entrance examination is open to all Filipino citizens who meet the age, height, and educational requirements. Those who pass the examination are conferred by the National Police Commission (NAPOLCOM) the PNP Entrance Eligibility which is appropriate for appointment to the rank of Patrolman/Patrolwoman, as prescribed under Section 30 of RA 6975, as amended by Republic Act 8551.
NAPOLCOM Entrance Exam 2021 Schedule
According to NAPOLCOM Vice-Chairman and Executive Officer Vitaliano N. Aguirre II, NAPOLCOM will conduct the PNP Entrance Examination on July 31 and October 23, 2021.
If the condition so warrants, the Regional Offices shall prioritize the processing of applications of the following:
- Processed PNP Entrance examinees of the April 26, 2020 PNP Entrance Examination who did not avail of the Computer-Assisted Examination (NAPOLCOM CAEx);
- Those who were able to register in the On-Line Examination Application Scheduling System (OLEASS) for the April 26, 2020 PNP Entrance and Promotional Examinations but were not processed;
- and those on the waitlist for the April 26, 2020 PNP Entrance and Promotional Examinations.
Here are the following health standard measures that examinees must follow during the examination:
- Only 15 examinees per room will be accommodated (to ensure proper social distancing) and examinees shall be restricted to their assigned seat;
- Bring 70% isopropyl or ethyl alcohol for hand sanitation and wear face masks and face shields at all times;
- All examinees must submit the duly accomplished Health Declaration Form (to be provided by the Regional Office at the entrance gate or thru online using the QR Code of NAPOLCOM Telehealth) and Medical Certificate issued by a licensed government physician from the Municipal/City/Provincial Health Office, or other government health monitoring center/office where the examinees reside, at the designated area for the medical team. It must clearly state that he/she is COVID-19 free. Said Medical Certificate must be issued within 72 hours before the examination day (medical certificate issued by private health institution shall not be accepted);
- Examinees shall bring their own pens, pencils, and erasers. Borrowing of pens, pencils, and erasers from seatmates are not allowed to prevent contamination;
- Unnecessary chatting and loitering are prohibited anywhere within the premises of the testing center;
- Eating is not allowed inside the examination room.
To prevent congestion in the queue during the examination day and for documentation of examinees, the gate of Testing Centers may be opened as early as 6:00 AM. Physical distancing (at least 1 meter apart) shall be strictly observed in the queuing of the examinees entering the testing center. The taking of body temperature of all NAPOLCOM personnel and examination applicants/examinees and other examination personnel, and sanitizing of hands before entering the Testing Centers should be done. Only those with normal body temperature (up to 37.5 degrees Celsius) and with no other symptoms like cough, colds, sore throat, or any flu-like symptoms and with face masks and face shields shall be allowed to enter the premises. Examinees shall proceed immediately to their designated examination rooms after the thermal scanning/screening. Footbath with 10% Chlorine solution and 70% isopropyl or ethyl alcohol shall be available at the entrance gate for disinfection. Hand soap and alcohol shall also be provided in all comfort rooms.
What to Wear During the Exam
The PNP follows a dress code even at the examination. You should wear a plain white T-shirt or white polo shirt, dark pants and shoes. Applicants who fail to meet the prescribed attire will not be allowed to enter the examination center.
What to Bring During the Exam
Applicants are only allowed to bring the following items during the examination:
- Notice of Admission
- Pencil Number 2
- Any valid ID with picture and signature.
Bringing in any of the following items inside the testing center is strictly prohibited:
- Firearm, explosive, or any deadly weapon
- Phones, two-way radio set or any electronic gadget
- Review material
Violation of this rule will automatically disqualify you from taking the entrance test and will result in the nullification of your examination.
2021 PNP Entrance Exam Coverage
The July and October 2021 NAPOLCOM Entrance Examination will cover the following subject areas. The exams will be in an objective-type/multiple-choice format.
- Philippine Constitution and History
- PNP Law and History
- Criminal Justice System
- Current Events
- Social Awareness and Value Judgment
- Basic Concepts
- Problem-Solving Skills
PNP Entrance Exam results?
The NAPOLCOM exam results will be posted on their official website and at the NAPOLCOM Central Office. The regional list of passers will also be available in each of the NAPOLCOM Regional Offices nationwide. The ratings can be viewed using Online Verification of Ratings system at the NAPOLCOM official website.
A Report of Rating (RR) will be mailed to the passer’s mailing address. If you successfully pass the test but did not receive the RR via mail, you may request the issuance of a certificate from the NAPOLCOM Central Office.