The Philippine Merchant Marine Academy (PMMA) is the premier maritime school in the Philippines today. Aside from its reputation for producing the best Filipino seafarers, studying in the PMMA is free since it is sponsored by the government. On top of that, you are assured of 100% employment right after graduation. Interesting, isn’t it?
But enrolling in the PMMA is not as easy as enrolling in your typical maritime school. Thousands of hopeful applicants are vying for the limited slots in the Academy, thus a strict selection process is done to ensure the quality of its future cadets. The first stage of this selection process is the PMMA Entrance Examinations (PMMAEE) where applicants undergo an examination testing their language proficiency, verbal/logical aptitude and mathematical and scientific capacity.
About the PMMAEE
The PMMA Entrance Examination is one of the steps to your future cadetship in the PMMA. It is conducted by the Admissions Office every year usually on the last Saturday of September. This year, it will be on September 28, 2019 at more than 30 testing centers nationwide.
PMMAEE Coverage and Reviewer
If you are about to take the upcoming PMMA Entrance Exam this September 2019 and looking for a free reviewer, then you are on the right page! Below are sample practice tests for prospective PMMA cadets to take.
- English (Grammar, Vocabulary, Analogy, Reading Comprehension)
- Mathematics (Algebra, Geometry, Statistics, and Trigonometry)
- Science (General Science, Chemistry and Physics)
- Abstract Reasoning
Please be reminded that these practice exams are for educational purposes only. We do not claim that the sample questions will appear in the actual examination. While this online reviewer is free, we do not give copies in any form.
Applicants must take note of the following:
- The examination will be on September 28, 2019, Saturday, from 8:00 AM – 12:00 noon.
- To avoid any inconvenience, arrive one (1) hour before the examination proper at the designated testing center.
- Bring the issued test permit (the applicant must show any valid I.D. in case he did not receive his test permit).
- Bring any valid ID.
- Use only black ballpen during the examination.
- Calculators are not allowed.
Entrance Examination results will be published on the PMMA website (www.pmma.edu.ph) two (2) months after the day of the examination. Individual test results will be mailed to the examinees not later than the same month.
Passing the PMA entrance exam is not an easy task, but we can say that it can be done. Through practice and preparation, you can hurdle this examination and later become a part of the long blue line. Good luck!