The Professional Regulation Commission and the Professional Regulatory Board of Criminology announced the schedule of exam, the opening of the online processing, and the deadline for filing for the June 2018 Criminology Licensure Examination (CLE).
CLE Exam Schedule
The Criminologist Board Exam will be held on June 10-12, 2018 at the different testing centers in the cities of Manila, all regional offices and Zamboanga. The opening of the online processing of the application will be on February 20, 2018. Applicants are allowed to submit their exam applications before April 20, 2018.
The PRC encourages all CLE applicants to submit their applications through their Online Application System.
Here is the list of requirements for Criminology graduates who want to take the board exam to become a licensed criminologist as required by PRC:
- Must be a graduate of B.S. Criminology
- NBI Clearance (for first-timers and repeaters)
- RTC/Court Clearance
- An original and photocopy of the birth certificate on security paper issued by the PSA.
- For married female applicants, please provide an original and photocopy of marriage certificate issued by the PSA.
- Original and Photocopies of Transcript of Records w/ CHED Special Order (SO) and date of graduation (Government and PAASCU, PACUCOA and ACSC-AAI Level II-IV accredited schools are exempted from S.O (B).
- Three (3) Certificate of Good Moral Character from the following: (First Timer & Repeater )
- Barangay Chairman
- Parish Priest
- Dean of School
- Four (4) pieces 1.77” x 1.37” (passport size) pictures (attire w/ collar and sleeves). Front view on a plain background with complete name tag (ex. DELA CRUZ, JUAN JR. P.).
- Community Tax certificate w/ photocopy.
- PRC Documentary Stamp (P20.00)
- Window Envelope w/ PRC letterhead
- Payment – Php 900.00
2018 Criminologist Board Exam Coverage
The June 2018 Criminologist Licensure Examinations will cover the following subject areas:
You may also read: Criminology Board Exam 2018 Reviewer
Day 1: Sunday, June 10, 2018, 700H to 1600H
Criminal Jurisprudence, Procedure, and Evidence
- Criminal Law Book 1
- Criminal law Book 2
- Criminal Procedure
- Court Testimony
Law Enforcement Administration – 20%
- Police Organization and Administration with Police Planning
- Industrial Security Management
- Police Patrol Operations with Police Communication System
- Police Intelligence
- Police Personnel and Records Management
- Comparative Police System
Day 2: Monday, June 11, 2018, 800H-1600H
- Personal Identification
- Police Photography
- Forensic Ballistics
- Questioned Documents Examinations
- Polygraph (Lie Detection)
- Legal Medicine
Crime Detection and Investigation
- Fundamentals of Criminal Investigation
- Traffic Management and Accident Investigation
- Special Crimes Investigation
- Organized Crime Investigation
- Drug Education and Vice Control
- Fire Technology and Arson Investigation
Day 3: Tuesday, June 12, 2018, 800H-1600H
Sociology of Crimes and Ethics
- Introduction to Criminology
- Criminal Justice
- Ethics and Values
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Human Behavior and Crisis Management
- Criminological Research and Statistics
- Institutional Corrections
- Non-Institutional Corrections
- You may verify your school/building assignments at the PRC official website 2 to 3 working days before the date of the examination.
- Be punctual. Go to your school/building assignment before 6:30 AM on the first day of examination to verify the room and seat number. Late examinees will not be admitted.
- Wear the required attire on every examination day. For male examinees, wear a white polo shirt with collar (without any seal, logo, or mark), decent pants or slacks, and shoes. For female, please wear a white blouse or a white polo shirt with collar (without any seal, logo, or mark), decent pants, slacks or skirt.
- Bring the following on the examination day:
- Notice of Admission
- Applicant’s stub
- Official Receipt
- 1 piece metered-stamped window mailing envelope
- two or more pencils (no.2)
- ballpen with black ink only
- 1 piece long brown envelope
- 1 piece long transparent (non-colored) plastic envelope (for keeping your valuables and other allowed items).
- Non-programmable calculators
The following items are not allowed inside the examination room/premises:
- Books, notes, review materials, and other printed materials containing coded data/information.formula.
- Programmable calculators
- Smart watches, cellphones, earplugs, transmitters, portable computers, and other electronic gadgets or devices which may be used for communication purposes.
- Bags of any kind.
- Other examination aides not stated in the CLE program.