In accordance with the Republic Act No. 11131, also known as the Philippine Criminology Profession Act of 2018, any person who wants to practice his profession in criminology is required to pass a licensure examination given by the PRC’s Professional Regulatory Board of Criminology. To comply with this law, the PRC is conducting the Criminologist Licensure Examination (CLE) twice a year. If you are interested to take the upcoming CLE this 2019, here are the schedule of exams, the dates of opening of the online processing and the deadline for filing of the exam application.
Criminology Board Exam 2020 Schedule
The Criminologists licensure examinations will be held on the following dates at various testing centers in Manila, Zamboanga, and PRC Regional Offices nationwide:
|June 7, 8 & 9, 2020||December 9, 2019||March 31, 2020|
CLE Online Application
The Commission is now strictly implementing the Licensure Examination and Registration Information System (LERIS) for examination, license renewal and initial registration applications. Applicants must first register to the system and secure an appointment for the submission of your exam application. To accomplish this task, you can follow our PRC online exam application guide.
Here is the list of requirements for Criminology graduates who want to take the board exam to become a licensed criminologist as required by PRC:
- Must be a graduate of B.S. Criminology
- NBI Clearance (for first-timers and repeaters)
- RTC Clearance
- An original and photocopy of the birth certificate on security paper issued by the PSA.
- For married female applicants, please provide an original and photocopy of marriage certificate issued by the PSA.
- Original and Photocopies of Transcript of Records w/ CHED Special Order (SO) and date of graduation (Government and PAASCU, PACUCOA and ACSC-AAI Level II-IV accredited schools are exempted from S.O (B).
- Three (3) Certificate of Good Moral Character from the following: (First Timer & Repeater )
- Barangay Chairman
- Parish Priest
- Dean of School
- Four (4) pieces 1.77” x 1.37” (passport size) pictures (attire w/ collar and sleeves). Front view on a plain background with complete name tag (ex. DELA CRUZ, JUAN JR. P.).
- Community Tax certificate w/ photocopy.
- PRC Documentary Stamp (P20.00)
- Window Envelope w/ PRC letterhead
- Payment – Php 900.00
June 2020 Criminologist Board Exam Coverage
The June 2020 Criminologist Licensure Examinations will cover the following subject areas:
You may also read: Criminology Board Exam 2018 Reviewer
Criminal Jurisprudence, Procedure, and Evidence
- Criminal Law Book 1
- Criminal law Book 2
- Criminal Procedure
- Court Testimony
Law Enforcement Administration
- Police Organization and Administration with Police Planning
- Industrial Security Management
- Police Patrol Operations with Police Communication System
- Police Intelligence
- Police Personnel and Records Management
- Comparative Police System
- Personal Identification
- Police Photography
- Forensic Ballistics
- Questioned Documents Examinations
- Polygraph (Lie Detection)
- Legal Medicine
Crime Detection and Investigation
- Fundamentals of Criminal Investigation
- Traffic Management and Accident Investigation
- Special Crimes Investigation
- Organized Crime Investigation
- Drug Education and Vice Control
- Fire Technology and Arson Investigation
Sociology of Crimes and Ethics
- Introduction to Criminology
- Criminal Justice
- Ethics and Values
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Human Behavior and Crisis Management
- Criminological Research and Statistics
- Institutional Corrections
- Non-Institutional Corrections
- You may verify your school/building assignments at the PRC official website 2 to 3 working days before the date of the examination.
- Be punctual. Go to your school/building assignment before 6:30 AM on the first day of examination to verify the room and seat number. Late examinees will not be admitted.
- Wear the required attire on every examination day. For male examinees, wear a white polo shirt with collar (without any seal, logo, or mark), decent pants or slacks, and shoes. For female, please wear a white blouse or a white polo shirt with a collar (without any seal, logo, or mark), decent pants, slacks or a skirt.
- Bring the following on the examination day:
- Notice of Admission
- Applicant’s stub
- Official Receipt
- 1 piece metered-stamped window mailing envelope
- two or more pencils (no.2)
- ballpen with black ink only
- 1 piece long brown envelope
- 1 piece long transparent (non-colored) plastic envelope (for keeping your valuables and other allowed items).
- Non-programmable calculators
You may also read: PRC Online Registration Guide
The following items are not allowed inside the examination room/premises:
- Books, notes, review materials, and other printed materials containing coded data/information.formula.
- Programmable calculators
- Smartwatches, cellphones, earplugs, transmitters, portable computers, and other electronic gadgets or devices which may be used for communication purposes.
- Bags of any kind.
- Other examination aides not stated in the CLE program.